Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Career Talk
 college knitters?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

theknitnkitn
New Pal

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  8:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit theknitnkitn's Homepage Send theknitnkitn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
second-year at Oberlin College here!

--
peace,
juli

http://www.julri-designs.com
Go to Top of Page

LittleMousling
Permanent Resident

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  11:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleMousling's Homepage Send LittleMousling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Undergrad at Bryn Mawr, Classics major, although currently I'm at Temple Rome doing a semester abroad.

-Molly, obsessive but not exclusive socknitter
Stash photos and some FOs
Go to Top of Page

Alicia
New Pal

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  3:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alicia's Homepage Send Alicia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior at Western Washington University, in Bellingham, WA. I'm a General Studies major, Psychology minor. I have an Associates in Arts and Sciences degree from a community college, so my upper-division classes needed to graduate were from my Psych classes. I graduate December 2006 (I still need 12 more credits). Why a General Studies major, you ask? Last summer and again this summer, I was hired by Weyerhaeuser to work in their Accounting Internship program (previous accounting experience at my mother's work: she's a tax accountant), and am permanently hired to work at Weyerhaeuser after I have my Bachelor's degree. Yep, a college student with permanent employment once I graduate. I'm very lucky, and glad that I have great connections.

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

jgtck
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  6:55:36 PM  Show Profile Send jgtck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a junior at Black Hills State University (BHSU). I am studying elementary education with a minor in library media. I plan to pursue my masters in Library Science (if I live that long). I always have my knitting with me in class. I knit before class an on breaks (my current professors won't allow knitting during class time).
Go to Top of Page

mangokiwi
Chatty Knitter

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  12:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit mangokiwi's Homepage Send mangokiwi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Wonk, I've seen people knitting in classes of mine and most people didn't think it was a big deal. In fact, one of the professors didn't even notice (talk about an absent minded professor!). My dad is a professor and I asked him what he thought and he said that he would mind, but then again he doesn't like it when people eat in his class (perhaps I need to have a talk with him about lightening up). Having been a teaching assistant, I don't think I would mind too much if people knit during my sections. I guess in short, I'm saying try it once and see what happens!

Check out my blog!
http://knitting-fun.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Pampered Punkin
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  10:36:53 PM  Show Profile Send Pampered Punkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished my BA in English last spring and knitted my way through all four years of undergrad. I managed to finish many pairs of socks during lectures.

**Trisha**

I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see.

http://knitsterchick.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/knitsterchick
Go to Top of Page

cellopige
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  1:17:08 PM  Show Profile Send cellopige a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a sophomore at Columbia. I knit after my brain shuts down at night but before I'm ready to go to bed.... but I take notes in class.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?