Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Ladders in circular knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

infosynth
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2013 :  2:15:32 PM  Show Profile Send infosynth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by onebutterflykoi

I was holding the right hand needle under the last needle used to continue around, when I moved it above the last needle, no more ladders

Exactly what I do. Also, if you're only using 3+1 dpns (3 with stitches and 1 to knit with), try 4+1. That extra needle reduces the tension between the needles and also helps to minimize ladders.
Go to Top of Page

rnypaver
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  07:02:30 AM  Show Profile Send rnypaver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes! Put knitting on four (4) needles. Knit with fifth. Everything seems to settle down then, or use two circular needles and divvy up the stitches based on the sense of the project. Knitting settles down re the pattern....what happens in your lap is unfortunate, especially when using more than one yarn. Reread my earthier rants and realized that in didn't say that I hold the yarn on my left index finger unless stranding, in which case right index finger gets to play.
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  6:30:55 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no problem with ladders be it working with 2, 3, or 4 needles (sts on those needles).

I knit two sts from the next needle so the change is never in the same place. I do this all the way around, be it with circs or dps.

Say 5 sts per needle, so I knit 1-5, then first two from next needle. Now I need more sts on that needle, so I get them from the next (and the next and the next all the way around till finished.)

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?