Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Best Thanksgiving I've ever had?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  10:05:30 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lizzie update: She's been taking the train to San Francisco and we've had some great visits. She just left, following New Years', when she finished her fourth project, this hat:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baikal

Taught herself Fair Isle. No ladders. Even tension. No puckering floats. She's like some weird knitting prodigy. My sister and I were talking about it, and my sister says Lizzie has one of the highest scores in her age group at school for, well, I don't know what they call it, but spacial understanding and intuitive grasping of structure. She'd probably make a great engineer.

If she keeps this up, in three years, she will be teaching me.

Crummy picture at: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/robinstephanie/woven-square

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

878 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  7:30:45 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I am impressed! You must be so proud of your niece. Good work, teach.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  12:06:26 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am proud, Flicka, and having a lot of fun. I only hope she keeps it up. SO much of her energy is going into boys, social life, and growing up way too fast. I'm hoping the knitting can be a balancing influence on her.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

sjanova
Seriously Hooked

USA
963 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  8:16:08 PM  Show Profile Send sjanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember reading the original post about this, robinsteph, but I am so happy you updated it. What a delightful Thanksgiving that was (I could've used one like that but you just gave it to me) and how lovely that your niece is maintaining contact and continuing the knitting! I just remembered why I keep coming back to read posts on KR (I don't post, usually, so this is the first in a long time).

sja
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2027 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  04:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Robin, how cool is this! And how in the sam heck did I miss your beautiful story, complete w/pictures due to your wonderful writing style, the 1st time around? Lucky for us KR Forum folks, you have given us an update.

The muscle memory of your T'givng, the road trip to the LYS & the common ground you all stood on during T'giving - all of this gave you all a sweet spot that was shared & has given you all something to speak of which can be helpful when issues in a family have caused strife.

How lucky Lizzie is to have you as an Aunt - I bet you are a fave aunt too. You opened up a world to her, honey, so give yourself a high 5 for me please.

xoxo to you,
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth