Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Political discussions
 Happy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

agnesgooch
Gabber Extraordinaire

573 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  02:12:39 AM  Show Profile Send agnesgooch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noallatin

Speaking of ass-hats (thank you agnesgooch), Chris Collins, a GOP nominee for Congress maintains that we don't need "Obamacare" because nobody dies of breast or prostate cancer anymore.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/07/03/510542/chris-collins-die-cancer/

Hallelujah! Thank goodness for that! I guess by nobody, he means himself or his family members. The stupid! It burns!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24181181@N07/
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  05:56:39 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was a good day! Ironically I work in healthcare and was chairing a meeting that primairly deals with healthcare cost. One of the attendees got the CNN notification that the individual mandate had been struck down. We were all so bummed, and then the correction came out and we were so happy.

the nice thing about the decision is that is was pretty apolitical, which helps to bring a degree of respect back to the court.

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  9:15:30 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back to the original post...it made me smile. The day it was posted was my "anniversary" at work. I took the job as a temporary position...30 years ago. Time sure flies, doesn't it? (I celebrated the anniversary by baking 5 dozen Kolaches and taking them to work. Even the dieters ate them!)

Jan
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  10:25:38 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:Originally posted by robinstephanie
I almost melted with relief when I heard this verdict. It gives me hope. Didn't a major Republican vote in favor of it?
Robinsteph

:: Perhaps you mean Chief Justice Roberts. He was appointed to the bench by President George W. Bush and is very conservative. He was the swing vote in this instance, surprising many people.

M L

Yes, Milinda, that's what I was referring to. It seems that so many decisions have been purely politically motivated recently, and after Citizens United I just lost all faith in the Supreme Court.

quote:

Speaking of ass-hats (thank you, agnesgooch), Chris Collins, a GOP nominee for Congress, maintains that we don't need "Obamacare" because nobody dies of breast or prostate cancer anymore.

Talk about living completely inside your own head. Somebody should give that guy a list. Oh, and let's not mention the complete over-simplification.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

weavingway
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  07:27:57 AM  Show Profile Send weavingway a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just returned from a trip to Norway. They are extremely happy with it and wow couldn't that $3 billion be spent better elsewhere. We have a family member with cancer. Just go to a cancer clinic and set there for an afternoon and see the despair over the disease and the medical costs that eat at people worse then the cancer. We have to start somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5194 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  05:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noallatin

Speaking of ass-hats (thank you, agnesgooch), Chris Collins, a GOP nominee for Congress, maintains that we don't need "Obamacare" because nobody dies of breast or prostate cancer anymore.

Wait, then I want a refund! Give me back Michelle and Don, right now! They died of breast and prostate cancer just a few years ago. If no one dies of those cancers anymore, then there must have been a mistake and we get them back. Come on Collins, go get my pals!

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  12:37:51 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by weavingway

Just returned from a trip to Norway. They are extremely happy with it and wow couldn't that $3 billion be spent better elsewhere. We have a family member with cancer. Just go to a cancer clinic and set there for an afternoon and see the despair over the disease and the medical costs that eat at people worse then the cancer. We have to start somewhere.

:: Yes, we have to start somewhere. I agree totally with you.

M L
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  12:39:23 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lanea
Wait, then I want a refund! Give me back Michelle and Don, right now! They died of breast and prostate cancer just a few years ago. If no one dies of those cancers anymore, then there must have been a mistake and we get them back. Come on Collins, go get my pals!

:: NO KIDDING! The lack of intelligence and sensitivity he displayed was more than heartless. I want all the people back in my life who have passed away from these diseases.

M L
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.