Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Career Talk
 Are you a multi crafter?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  10:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is exactly what I did, Fran, I attached the ruffle to the hip area of an under skirt (full slip)so that there is no bulk on the waistline. I finished the bottom edge of the crinoline with bias tape same color as the skirt. I decided for the crinoline to show 2 inches below the skirt hemline. I like the result so far. I was going to do it in tiers but because of lack of time and extensive labor that it will take for a tiered peticoat I decided to do one layer only.

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com
http://quilt4artsake.blospot.com
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  4:50:23 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Fran's story about wearing 15 petticoats to parties!

I do
knitting
embroidery: cross stitch, hardanger, the usual decorative embroidery, blackwork, pulled thread, et al. (tried and succeeded with a number of techniques, but have not carried on)
quilting (smaller projects)
sewing: mega part of my life, as custom dressmaker.
crochet
tatting
beading / jewelry
macrame: see GFTC's answer!
sketching, watercolors

Along with some of them, I have designed an original, or developed from a pattern, and I figure most of us have, and I think it's part of crafting...

I loved going back in memory about all this: I think I may have missed some stuff that I tried via classes. I'm limited now because of arthritis, but am poised but still dancing around the edges of spinning and ribbon embroidery.

I still have my "Learn How Book"!

Go to Top of Page

joycet
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  11:29:05 AM  Show Profile Send joycet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just saw this topic and enjoyed reading other crafts everyone does. My list is:

Knitting - First learned how to knit in girl scouts in grade school; made a hat and a blanket. I still have the blanket.
Crochet - Picked it up on my own; loved the portability and made quite a few items. I have lost interest in it of late though as I like the fabric that knitting creates better than crochet.
Embroidery
Cross Stitch
Needlepoint
A little bit of sewing

I too tend to get bored with projects and like to switch around so I usually have several different projects going at one time.
Go to Top of Page

Kade1301
Permanent Resident

France
1438 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  11:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kade1301's Homepage Send Kade1301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spinning, knitting, weaving, crochet if required (the latter three with handwoven yarn, obviously), sewing. And I do remember macrame ...

Do plastering, tile-laying, painting (walls, not pictures) count as crafts?

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Go to Top of Page

prixby
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  8:50:04 PM  Show Profile Send prixby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do some jewelry making/beading and I write fiction.

Life is what happens while we're listening to music.
Go to Top of Page

Homespun
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  8:36:55 PM  Show Profile Send Homespun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! I loved reading everyone's lists of crafts. It made me remember a few that I had forgotten about. I'm going to divide my list into things I still do and things I used to do but might like to do again. :)
Current crafts:
Knitting (not very good at this yet but do enjoy it)
Crocheting
Spinning (currently with a spindle and not very good but hoping to get a wheel very soon)
Scrapbooking

Crafts I have done in the past:
Embroidery
Sewing
Quilting (my mom keeps trying to get me back into this)
Beading
Jewelry making
Cross stitch
Go to Top of Page

pinecone70
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
393 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  5:14:18 PM  Show Profile Send pinecone70 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have many interests like most of you!

Knitting is my main thing, followed closely by bookbinding.
Also, watercolor
drawing
micro macrame
quilting
metallurgy (I trained as a jeweler)
woodworking/furniture refinishing
net tying and repair
I'm going to make a backstrap loom, one of those popsicle stick types, to see if I have any talent at weaving. (haven't tried since grade 5, LOL!)

Of all the crafts, I go back to knitting, and I've figured out that it's largely about the process. When I knit socks or a scarf, I know I will wear them, but my sweaters have been too big so far! I'll keep trying.
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  2:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After reading about everyone's input, I know I'm in good company and it's ok to multicraft:)

Happy crafting everyone!
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  04:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let see...

Spinning
Knitting
Weaving (2 multi-harness floor looms, several smaller looms)
Tatting
Bobbin lace
Sewing
Quilting
Embroidery and needlepoint
Crochet
Gourmet cooking
beading and other jewelry-making

While I don't do all of these every single day, I usually manage to fit in at least a couple of them. And I get through the entire list fairly often; mostly because I like to combine techniques on the same pieces.

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth