Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
162 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy of Barbara G Walker's Knitting from the top arrived........and it's wonderful
Mary
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  4:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shalee, that's so great that they were willing to adjust the price. Good for you for asking! (I wouldn't have noticed or dared asking)

I got a promotion today, more money for yarn and travelling :)
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Used some of my cruise savings for more yarn!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1801 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  8:52:13 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Interweave Knits for spring arrived today, and some lovely cross stitch kits! Happy dance!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  05:44:27 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday my husband and I made a little side trip to WEBS. It was overwhelming and I could have spent hours just looking. I did get some very nice sock yarn and jet another sock book. It was a nice day!

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  06:03:25 AM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sun is beautiful today.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page

Irish Red
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2013 :  11:18:40 AM  Show Profile Send Irish Red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My dog curling up on my lap for all of 5 minutes. Normally not a big deal, but this adorable chocolate cocker spaniel, Sullivan, is pretty aloof and a non-cuddler most of the time. Ok, so he was probably cold too....

The Industrious Bee
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1801 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2013 :  3:43:35 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting on this "old" thread, Irish Red! I read through the whole eleven pages, and was happy and moved to see names from the past who used to post often, and now, sadly, we don't see them anymore.
I was grateful to see my own posts about my husband's illness. At the time, it was so traumatic, that now I couldn't remember which winter it happened! Now I can get things straight (sort of).
And my happy thing of the day is that we Skyped with our son and grands in Rennes, and I am smiling all the way through this evening!
Best wishes, everybody!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2013 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Anna, we remember those that have gone on, through their posts. Kleenex, please. All the wonderful and great knitters that have posted on KR, not only have helped us with our knitting but held us as we cried.

Thank you everyone.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

ClaireG
Seriously Hooked

602 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  09:46:52 AM  Show Profile Send ClaireG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually remembered my password. Now if I can remember where I left the needle for my mitten!
That would make my day!
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2001 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  4:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

This thread is like an old pal & how sweet to have it pop up on our radar. Thanks, Irish Red.

My good news today is that we did not lose power. A ton of folks did because of the ice that had formed on the power lines & trees that came down all over the Philly area. The power was off at work until early afternoon & we did not have to go in.

We puttered, cleaned, refilled the bird feeders, shoveled, played double dominoes & each of us did work.

And no, I have not knit yet at all. After dinner I shall pick up the needles!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  6:15:28 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The piano tuner came today!!!
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4381 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  05:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so happy to see this thread, too! And like Marfa says, it's like an old friend. It's too early on Thursday morning for anything to have happened today, but how about yesterday? A snow/ice storm kept me at home, so I baked a little cake and enjoyed it with tea and knitting. A simple day, but sometimes those are the best.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  08:00:48 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My new puppy Astor!

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  08:33:33 AM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The video of the Russian police/military choir performing Daft Punk's "Get Lucky". It's an upbeat song anyway and the two lead singers were having so much fun with it.
Go to Top of Page

mjhealy
Warming Up

68 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2014 :  4:21:13 PM  Show Profile Send mjhealy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love reading all your posts. Happiness is everywhere.

Today I wound a skein of sock yarn called Pansies at the Phipps given to me in a swap. Vesper sock yarn. Soon we will be seeing the boxes of spring pansies at the garden center. Thinking I'll cast on for Ann Budd's old faithful basic sock pattern to highlight the purple, orange, green self-striping goodness.

Martha
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  4:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I discovered the game 'Threes' (by reading Mochimochi's knitting blog), downloaded it on my ipad, and love it!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2599 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  8:11:48 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After a terrible commute and a long work day, I came home to find that my daughter got into college today and was offered a sizable scholarship!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Ruby Plaid
Seriously Hooked

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  2:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ruby Plaid's Homepage Send Ruby Plaid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a nice-looking man (whom I didn't know) with an awesome mustache smiled at me on campus today. ;)

My knitting & crafts blog is here: http://www.spindyeknitlove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1801 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  4:37:46 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moving towards paying off our mortgage! Only a few more weeks!!!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by