Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 Where have all the crocheters gone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  1:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot stay faithful to just one craft (crocheting)and has to do something else. I don't know if there are other creative crafters who are like me. I'm beginning to focus again on quilting and so if I'm mostly absent here, it is because I've gone quilting. I created a new quilting blog for this purpose.

http://quilt4artsake.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  5:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, how's everybody? It seems ages since I last visited.
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, my interest in knitting and crochet is back! I have made berets and now I'm making a baby afghan. I hope to work on it all year round.

Happy crocheting everyone!

Zknit
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  2:15:32 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm always crocheting something. I subscribe to Interweave Crochet, so always see new things. I don't do them all, but the magazine does inspire to try new yarns with new patterns.

I've also noticed that Red Heart has really revamped their web site with free patterns and a wider selection of yarns - including Stitch Nation. Fun to look through. I'm thinking of making the Rectangles and Squares Throw for an 8 year old niece. It's basically a granny square version, but I like their color combo.

Red Heart also has a free pattern for a Curly Swirly Scarf (crochet) and I think I'm going to try it in their Designer Sport so it's not as bulky.

http://www.redheart.com/

Currently working on this knitted item:
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/collared-shawl

Curly Scarf:
http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/curly-swirly-scarf
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  4:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Greyling!

That collared shawl is pretty and looks so warm. Perfect to wear on a snowy day. I'm practicing on my knitting while taking a break from crocheting. Red Heart do have a lot of nice patterns. I like interweave too, they do have lots of inspiring projects. I need to finish this baby afghan that I'm currently crocheting. I completed 6 blocks out of 36 blocks that I would need.

Have a good day/evening. :)
Go to Top of Page

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2011 :  11:28:44 AM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still here, lurking quietly. I have finished 2 crochet pillows lately. To me crocheting is just as addicting as knitting. To see my projects either go on Ravelry (Solaris is my name), or just check my blog (link is on the bottom of my post).

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work!!
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2383 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  12:50:04 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mother taught me crochet years ago and I learned how to knit about 7-8 years ago. I wanted to add a crochet border to something a couple weeks ago and I had an awful time finishing it because it hurt my hands so much....I kept getting a cramp in my thumb. I'd try to rub it out and get back to it but it just kept on cramping. I'm more apt to knit that crochet but hate to think that I might never be able to crochet again.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  09:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the cramp in your thumb while crocheting. Maybe, you just need to take a break from crochet for a little while. I hope it resolves itself and you can do crochet again later.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  12:35:44 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, azblue, and maybe ice it after working for a while? Icing helps me.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  03:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been making t-shirt make-over to take a break from crochet/knitting. It's nice to do a project that can be done in a few hours instead of weeks or months. I can happily go back to knitting/crocheting after doing one T-shrug.

Happy knitting/crocheting!

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by