Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Needle and Tool Swap
 comfort grips needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

netta12208
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  02:37:37 AM  Show Profile Send netta12208 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone had any of those comfort grips for boye hooks they dont want or need. I would like them if you had them.

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  06:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't receive a response here, you might check an office supply store for rubber or foam pencil grips. I've heard they work quite well as hook grips but have not tried them myself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ...
.....it's learning how to dance in the rain!
Come visit me at http://yarnbasket.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  10:06:40 AM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have any extras, but I use these:
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2873&PRODID=prd12584
I get them at the Joanns store near me. You have to cut one end off to slide th ehook through, but they are really nice, not too big and intrusive. I've also seen them at my LYS.

My Ravelry
My Flickr
My Facebook
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  1:32:34 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've also used plain tubing. All you have to measure with that is the inside diameter and how much it stretches. Since I'm allergic to rubber I try to find the plastic kind.

fran

http://martianmischief.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  6:35:00 PM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MindyO, thanks for the link! I found some yarns that I didn't even know about and lot more colors of Sugar n Creme than the local Joann's is carrying.

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

FO 2009: small market/shower bag; gray watch cap; magic square potholder; five dish cloths, including two new patterns

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe