Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Problems and question with LK 150
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirkblaze
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  07:57:53 AM  Show Profile Send dirkblaze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My sister and I are trying to come up to speed on the LK 150; we have a used machine with extension to 200 needles total, and like the machine but are still learning.

One question: what is the correct procedure to cast off so that the last stitches are not left "live"? Must the last row be finished manually?

One problem: we often drop the first stitch on the row and are not sure why. We are guessing this has something to do with the tension but have not been able to reliably prevent this from happening.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Question Authority!

SusanC
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  11:26:45 AM  Show Profile Send SusanC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new to the LK 150 also and am finally taking a class. Re: taking the stitches off, I hope I can explain so so can understand. Maybe those with more experience and who know the proper terms can clarify. You bind off just like regular knitting. Take one stitch off the last needle, put on next to the last needle. Bring both needles forward. Bring yarn over BOTH needles but in the front of the needle that now has two stitches. Manually push that needle back and now you've bound off one stitch.

Re: the loops at the first stitch. Before knitting that first row, gently tug the yarn down where it goes into the first feeder on the mast to get the tension back in the yarn. My instructor says it means you don't have enough tension in the yarn. Make sure you are using cast on combs or the long comb to give weight to the yarn. Hope this at leaves gives you a hint and maybe others more experienced can help more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe