Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Errata in Knitting Patterns
 Caron Simple Shrug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PuppyMom
New Pal

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  11:51:30 AM  Show Profile Send PuppyMom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a new knitter and this shrug looked like a good beginner project.
The pattern calls for 3(4) balls of Simply Soft Shadows. I quickly discovered that the recommended amount would never complete the project. I emailed Caron, and they told me the stated yarn amount was incorrect and that I would indeed need 5(6) balls of yarn. This pattern (with incorrect yarn amounts) appears on both the SS Shadows ball bands and the website. How long does it usually take (if ever?) for the corrections to appear? I would like to complete this project, but I'm afraid it may not be possible to match the yarn I originally purchased.
Andie

Katie 2847
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  8:25:04 PM  Show Profile Send Katie 2847 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Andie, I'm new to the forum. From what you wrote Caron gave you the answer-- you need 5 or 6 balls of yarn. That means if you are doing a small size you would need 5 balls or if you are doing large size you need 6 balls. Knowing that you should have immediately purchased more yarn.

Good luck,
Katie
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:29:46 PM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would guess Caron should have updated their site with the info as soon as they were aware of the mistake. As for the bands on the yarn, I would assume they would be updated on reprint, but all stores with inventory would have to sell through the old bands before reordering and getting updated labels. That is, assuming Caron actually made the changes and printed new ones. Their site doesn't seem to have an error section, that I could find anyway. IMO it could take quite some time for corrections to appear.

My Ravelry
My Flickr
My Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by