Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Career Talk
 Job Opening! Developmental Editor at Potter Craft
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Random House
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Random House's Homepage Send Random House a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Potter Craft, publisher of beautifully designed, full-color crafting hits such as Mason-Dixon Knitting, Bend-the-Rules Sewing, and How to Make Books, seeks a Developmental Editor to collaborate with the Managing Editor and Acquisitions Editors on an exciting list of books on knitting, crocheting, sewing, needle arts and papercraft titles of all kinds.

You will work closely with premier designers and artists in the craft world to edit their manuscripts for content and style. You will also supervise new titles through all stages of the editing process; traffic manuscripts and manage book schedules; hire and supervise freelance proofreaders and copyeditors; coordinate the art program for highly illustrated books; collaborate with design and production on style, schedule, format, and aesthetics of the publication; and prepare manuscripts for production. This is a great opportunity to shape the look and content of cutting-edge craft books, ensuring the high level of quality that those who knit, sew, or craft desire in their books.

Bachelors degree in English or related field is required, along with five years of experience in an editorial capacity at an adult trade publishing house as an associate editor or editor. Ideal candidate will be an expert multitasker with excellent writing and communication skills; interest in crafts encourage.

Please apply via:

https://myjobs-en.becruiter.net/jobagent/_randomUS/profitcenter/job_details.aspx?jobid=203875
or www.careers.randomhouse.com.

miele
Chatty Knitter

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  04:33:15 AM  Show Profile Send miele a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great job, but you didn't mention one thing : aren't you most famous for publishing The Knitter's Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes!!??
Ellen

Go to Top of Page

jonny0000
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  07:05:40 AM  Show Profile Send jonny0000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a nice job oppertunity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's raise the standard of our care home and nursing home facilities around the country.
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4400 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  08:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is truly funny. Not only are they the fine publisher of my book, but if you apply now you could be the developmental editor for my second book! Hey, come to think of it, this is my chance to get a plant in there. Anyone want to make a deal?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Sandra C
Gabber Extraordinaire

403 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sandra C's Homepage Send Sandra C a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara,
May I share this with an e-mail list of editors that I subscribe to? I have my own business and my area of expertise is technical editing for scientists and engineers, so even though I'm an editor, I'm not qualified in any way except for my love of fiber arts... Oh wait, that's not a requirement of the job. LOL

Sandra in Western New York
Knitter for Life
Go to Top of Page

Sorka
Gabber Extraordinaire

486 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  06:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sorka's Homepage  Send Sorka a Yahoo! Message Send Sorka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clara

That is truly funny. Not only are they the fine publisher of my book, but if you apply now you could be the developmental editor for my second book! Hey, come to think of it, this is my chance to get a plant in there. Anyone want to make a deal?

Clara

I take Bribes Clara...mwah hahahaha.. Why don't you go for it? eh?

Denise
My Knitting Without Needles Blog..Stop on by!
http://www.knitchat.com
Loom knitting patterns and more at Loom Knitters Circle E-zine!
www.loomknitterscircle.com
Go to Top of Page

Sorka
Gabber Extraordinaire

486 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  06:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sorka's Homepage  Send Sorka a Yahoo! Message Send Sorka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The little bit of information I am really interested in is that bit about freelance proofreaders.. so Clara when you get this job, please let me know so I can woo you and bribe you with some qiviut so you will hire me on freelance..

Denise
My Knitting Without Needles Blog..Stop on by!
http://www.knitchat.com
Loom knitting patterns and more at Loom Knitters Circle E-zine!
www.loomknitterscircle.com
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4400 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  06:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perfect! I'll apply for the job and then hire Denise to proofread my book. Anyone else want in?

(OK seriously, Sandra, I think it'd be entirely fitting for you to share this with your group. The wider the net, the better.)

Clara
Go to Top of Page

fiberlicious
Permanent Resident

1637 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  11:58:25 AM  Show Profile Send fiberlicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How I would love this job!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Woo
Permanent Resident

USA
1974 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  2:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sue Woo's Homepage Send Sue Woo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! They published my book too! I LOVE my peeps at Random House. I'll proof read or edit anythime.

Sue

http://susiegoesonatrip.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.