Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Podcasts
 Podcasts on two computers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DebbieMN
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  06:04:34 AM  Show Profile Send DebbieMN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I hope someone here can help me. I enjoy listening to a lot of knitting podcasts while I'm knitting and walking the dog. We recently got a laptop to use while we are traveling. Is there a way to download my podcasts from both computers?? We'll be away for 2 months this winter and I can't imagine going for 2 months without listening!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Debbie

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3958 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  08:21:44 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you want to download the podcasts to? To an ipod-type device, the laptop? Will you have internet while you are gone?

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

DebbieMN
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  10:59:14 AM  Show Profile Send DebbieMN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I wasnt't very clear. I download them now to an Ipod. I have my ippd sync every time I log on to Itunes. I don't know if I can do that on my laptop also??

I am in the process of adding Itunes to my laptap right now. I just don't know if this will work to sync my Ipod to either system....

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Knotingale
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  4:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knotingale's Homepage Send Knotingale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Debbie, I have downloaded with iTunes on both my desktop and laptop. It may not be the best way, but I installed iTunes on the other computer. I launched it, and it searched my drive and found all the music I had stored on it. Not that I wanted it to, but it did. Then when I plugged in my iPod, it put all the music on it. A surprise, but not bad. I just went to the iPod setup and changed it to don't sync. I changed everything manually got it all set up for my trip. Once I returned, I plugged my iPod back into the computer I usually use. At this point, I could have just restored the factory settings and re-sync'd it, but I updated manually for a while. I'm a geek and don't mind the manual updating. Later I restored and sync'd again, and all is working normally. I just have some of the music files that were stored on the other computer on it, which I like.
Long, I know, but you see, it can be done. PM me if you need more.

Knotingale
http://3sleeves.blogspot.com
'Knitting my way through...'
Go to Top of Page

DebbieMN
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  04:30:24 AM  Show Profile Send DebbieMN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!! I'll give it a try. I have to admit to not being that great with technology so I may wait for one of my kids to come over and help!! Gee, I must feel like my parents felt when they were learning their first VCR.......
Go to Top of Page

Mocha
Permanent Resident

Singapore
2903 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  01:28:59 AM  Show Profile Send Mocha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Debbie, not sure if you have this problem solved, but I don't think ipod will allow you to sync to both computers. Better to stick with 1. Otherwise, you can use itunes, download as MP3 and transfer to non ipod mp3 players.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe