Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Favorite yarn for hats and scarves for guys?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  2:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What yarn do men like to wear for scarves and hats on those cold fall and winter days?

I would like to knit hats for my husband and adult son--both outdoors types...tramping through the woods or running/walking for exercise.

Any suggestions? Pattern favorites are welcome as well.

Thanks,
Barbara

www.southernfriedknittin.blogspot.com

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2752 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again, 1824! I love that wool! I did a basketweave for my husband. I think there's a pic of it on my blog if you go back far enough.

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
http://purledthis.blogspot.com/ UPDATED! WITH PICS!
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  5:12:51 PM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Manos. I made a scarf for a friend of my DS and he loved it. I made my son one out of Rowan Tapestry--another hit.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  02:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made my husband a hat out of Noro Silk Garden in a muted colourway and I have some Malabrigo in stash for a scarf and especially that malabrigo is probably going to be a hit I think.

Marjolein

my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tonalita by Trendsetter Yarns (52% wool, 48% acrylic, hand wash) now comes in a colorway of black and shades of gray .. called Smoke & Ash, color # 2397. so far all my male customers have liked it.

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?