Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Stash Reductions
 Has your Destash ENDED?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spam Zapper
Deputy Spam Zapper

54 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  2:12:30 PM  Show Profile Send Spam Zapper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you have made posts to destash Yarn, Fiber, or Reading materials on KR in the past, please find your posts and update them so that the subject line reads their current status.

If there are still items available, you may want to make note of that in the subject, but most important is that you make note if there are no items left - either "SOLD", "ENDED" or "DELETE" or something equally obvious.

This way the Spam Zapping superteam can go through and delete extraneous posts, and make our home a little more tidy.

To edit your own posts, click on the small icon with the pencil, and make neccessary changes.

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Also - if you are interested in items being destashed, please consider sending an e-mail or PM to the "seller" and not making note of it in the thread itself.

As long as no one else has responded to the thread, an original poster may delete his/her own threads (by clicking the small trash can icon visible only on one's own posts) thereby allowing Spammy and Clara to use our deleting powers to fight evil spam, instead of good yarn sellers.

Thanks again!

Spammy
your friendly neighborhood spam zapper

EweKnitty
Chatty Knitter

162 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  3:46:14 PM  Show Profile Send EweKnitty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi. i have not figured out how the slash through font works
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  5:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you use the Reply to Topic button instead of the quick reply box at the bottom you will see a button in the Format line which says S. The letters then have a line through them!

Now, I wish someone would point out to me how to do that on Blogger!

KathyR
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  5:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On KR you put "[" brackets around the S to start (so [ s]) and then put a slash in to close it - [/ s] without the space. I can [ s ] strikeout this [ / s ] by removing the spaces so it reads strikeout this

On blogger, it's the same, but using different brackets - you'll use < and > instead, so <s>strikeout</s> looks like strikeout

Although personally, for stash reduction threads, I'd find them easier to read if the items that were no longer available were simply deleted.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?