Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 How to Use the Knitter's Review Forums
 simplest possible color forum?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  10:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
Hi Clara,

I've asked for this before, I know[blush] and you said you were trying to figure out how to organize an intarsia forum, a stranded forum, etc. But it occurs to me that the simplest way of having a color forum would be to add just one, in the Knitters' Talk section, and we could talk about making color choices, available colors, intarsia and stranded knitting, color blending... All in that one place. Do you think that would work?

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3460 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Rob, you got me all perplexed until I read your post! ;)
When I saw the title, I parsed it as [simplest possible color / forum ] and thought "does she want to change the color of the KR forum to remove the blue and have everything in black and white??"

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  11:55:51 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
I thought the same thing minh! I was ready to post..NO! Say it isn't possible, I like the blue and white format....every other forum drives me nuts with all the bells and whistles and never ending distractions on their pages.

Um, but......I would like a "color" section on this forum too...

Trish
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  12:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
HAHAHA
I thought that they were trying to make color theory as simple as possible.

Mistress Kelley of the Hellacious Sockknitting

Going to He** for buying sock yarn during Lent, but at least my feet won't be cold.

http://ceallachknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  2:30:03 PM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message
I thought it was something equivlent to color coordination for dummies :P

If I am me,
and you are you,
then who is he?
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  3:21:12 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NuttyKnitter101

I thought it was something equivlent to color coordination for dummies :P

That would be me! I can't even pick out paint for my kitchen without breaking into a sweat.

pieheart, who is ripping wallpaper in the kitchen this week, all four patterns (anyone remember the story of the Yellow Wallpaper?)

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday----Dale Carnegie
blog: http://museknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  4:04:38 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Well, regardless of the title of the post, I'd love a color forum. I've found that there's a Yahoo group called fairisleknitting and joined up. That's where I've been getting my "color" fix since there's nothing here.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Don't we have enough forums already? This place is mind-boggling to navigate...

~Sarah Elizabeth
 Spinners make the world go round.
Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

kjtendyke
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  5:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit kjtendyke's Homepage Send kjtendyke a Private Message
Oh, I just avoid navigating. I go straight to the active topics to see what's new.

A color forum sounds like a good idea to me

~Kristen~

www.kristentendyke.com
Go to Top of Page

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  06:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
I find the navigation pretty straightforward -- I go to the main forum page, go into the different forums I find interesting and back out to the main forum , and I find the groupings pretty clear. And of course there are some forums I read every day and some I never read.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?