Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Congratulations, Clara and Jane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2014 :  1:21:37 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Clara & Jane—I just saw the new site, the new yarn, and the specifically developed patterns. The yarn looks succulent, and I am drooling. And the patterns are gorgeous. I love the modern lines of the Oranmore sweater, how it maintains its tradition within a more modern framework.

But Jane, your Noyac Bay cowl, I love it. I already have my sights on Thirty-Eight. I'm planning to spin for it on my April vacation. I have fluff picked out, grist and ply planned, everything. And now Noyac Bay. I may have to swerve.

It has the classic simplicity and tradition of Thirty-Eight, and, for me, the same textural quality that makes.me.drool. I just need.to.squish.it. (And probably smell it. You know some of us are weird like that.) The Cormo probably doesn't hurt either. (I have three Cormo fleeces in my closet--well, one's almost a blanket, but the point is Cormo is drool-worthy and succulent and spongy and delightful.)

Congratulations on the effort; it looks like it's turned out wonderfully, and I would just love to hear more about your adventures in planning. I know you have some stories. I can't wait to see how the grand adventure proceeds.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2058 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2014 :  2:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

I second all of Robinsteph's emotions!!! Thank you for saying it all so eloquently.

And I ordered enuf yarn for both of Jane's patterns which I also just bought. Cannot wait ^ .. ^ The yarn does look drool-worthy & we love that about Clara Yarns.

Thank you, Clara & Jane, & cheers - here's to a beautiful friendship with your yarns. You rock our worlds.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4391 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2014 :  04:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well. I've been sitting here for the longest time trying to absorb your words, Robinsteph and Martha. I don't know what to say except thank you for getting it so completely. I'm so very honored to be assisting Clara on her (ad)venture.

Clara Yarn, and working with Clara, is the pleasure you might imagine, and more. It's caused a much-needed creative explosion in my world, and the Noyac Bay patterns came from that. Never have I been so happy to knit an entire thing and then unravel it and knit a better thing, all in a couple of days. Sometimes I didn't even bother to rewind; I just knit from the raveled end!

Clara Yarn Cormo 1.0 was just the appetizer—the meal is just beginning. And believe me, Clara's yarn is as tasty as her famous biscuits!

Thank you again for the sweet start to my Sunday!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  09:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Jane said!

Truly, thank you. I can't tell you how deeply gratified I am by the enthusiastic response to this new branch on the tree. It's a natural extension of everything I've been trying to do for the last 14 years, and I'm honored to be able to help these amazing farmers and textiles workers in a new, more direct way.

And Jane's right. The meal is just beginning. I feel like the proud new owner of a candy shop.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

BJ
New Pal

20 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile Send BJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormo 1.0 arrived today!! It's beautiful- absolutely. And 1.0 is just the appetizer ? Oh boy!

Thank you Clara & Jane. It's obvious that you've worked very hard to give us something beautiful and special.

BJ
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1924 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  06:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My yarn arrived last nite and I couldn't help but sit there and SQUOOOOOOOOSH it. YAY! Thanks Clara and Jane. Knowing your lovely hands have been guiding this ship have made me bounce for joy.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daylily
New Pal

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  8:21:29 PM  Show Profile Send Daylily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am currently working on a shawl designed by a member of the Knitting Paradise forum , called Kimani. The designer's name is Dee O' Keefe. I am knitting it in Knit Picks Swish Superwash DK on a size 5 needle. It will be donated to the auction at the convention I am going to in June, the American Hemerocallis Society's National Convention. All daylily folks will be there from all over the US and Canada.

Daylily, another one tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2058 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2014 :  07:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

My package of Clara Yarn arrived quick like a bunny & I cannot wait to wind it up & start up one of Jane's patterns.

Which one are you all thinking of starting 1st? The cowl has captured my attention at this moment although the hat is tempting as well.

Thank you, Clara & Jane, for being such excellent enablers ^ ,, ^

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2014 :  08:27:18 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been away for awhile. What new site?!?

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  08:35:56 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Crafty, nice to see you! This site:

http://clara-yarn.myshopify.com/

It's Clara's new yarn venture.

Robinsteph

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  08:50:04 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane, shyeah, I can imagine working with Clara as one's boss would be pretty much a bunch of my-jaw-is-hanging-open goodness. I'm delighted to hear about your creative explosion. The best burn ever.

Clara, I can feel the creative explosion with you, too. It's there, in your extension into the wider textile world. For me, that extension of skills and passions into new, compelling territory necessarily equates with another sort of creative burn, a blossoming-as-a-human kind we get sometimes when we take a HUGE step.

Blahblahblah, blather. Can you tell, I’m delighted for you both?

Robinsteph

Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2014 :  1:53:12 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to be back, robinstephanie! Thanks for the info!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe