Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Cat logic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  11:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of our cats has the most curious way to tell us he wants to go outside.

We will be upstairs in the bedroom, and he comes to bother us. So we get up and follow him downstairs. At the bottom of our stairs, you turn right to go about ten feet to the front door. But this cat does not do that. Instead he turns left, making me think that he wants more food in the bowl in the kitchen, but the bowl is full. My husband finally told me this week that this cat turns left, walks all the way around clockwise through the kitchen, dining room, and living room to the front door. Our other two cats turn right and head directly for the front door.

???

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  6:20:35 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He'll have you trained before you know it. My cat jumps on the table by my bed to let me know that he wants to go out. He's got me trained as well.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  9:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe me when I say all three of our cats have trained us in MANY ways. Our "detour cat" will be 13 this May!

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  01:01:55 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he wants you to anticipate how great going outside will be for him--get you into the spirit of things! What do they call it? Delayed anticipation?

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  06:51:21 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the cat is saying "Look at this cramped space! How do you expect me to live this way! Let me out!"

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  10:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Naah, the house is big enough. Of course, he and the girl cat don't get along (it's all HER fault).

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

390 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2014 :  10:13:16 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he's showing you who is charge and who isn't. He's probably living by the phrase "dogs have owners and cats have staff."
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  11:21:04 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just received this link from a friend. Thought fellow cat fans would enjoy it. Ceil, don't let your cat see this or you may have more trouble :)

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2014/01/mailman-battles-angry-cat-while.html?m=1

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1287 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  2:32:12 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I highly recommend the Clover Wonder Knitter http://tinyurl.com/kvf7n48
as a really quick and easy way to produce i-cord or spool knitted tubes. Its design makes the process much quicker than DPNs or regular spool knitters. It's at least half the price of the EmbellishKnit, and comes with two heads so you can make either 3-strand or 6-strand cords.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2014 :  11:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yarnlover

I just received this link from a friend. Thought fellow cat fans would enjoy it. Ceil, don't let your cat see this or you may have more trouble :)

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2014/01/mailman-battles-angry-cat-while.html?m=1

Thankfully, we don't use our mail slot! There's a mailbox in front of our house. That video is a complete riot!

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Warming Up

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  09:41:17 AM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yarnlover - you should have warned us to not look at that video at work! It's hysterical. You can just picture that cat waiting all day for the mailman to play the game with him. Luckily the mailman has a good sense of humor.

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  10:22:32 AM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is so funny
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?