Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Have you ever worn a skein of yarn. . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carol@cfmdesigns.net
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  1:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit carol@cfmdesigns.net's Homepage Send carol@cfmdesigns.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, but I've come pretty close with my I-Cord Scecklaces" and "Narfs." I use a bunch of novelty yarns, some fuzzy and some eyelash, all held together and knit about 24 inches, graduating from about three sts to about six at the center bottom. Join at the center top and wear as decorative warmth.

CFM Designs
"It's All About the Pretty"
http://cfmdesigns.net

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1784 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  9:37:49 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have worn more than one, but I transposed the intent, (if there was intent in the word "worn" to mean as an article of clothing or adornment).

I thought of the pictures online somewhere I had seen (might have been at a Knitters Review Retreat) of a lovely Scandinavian woman knitting from a skein worn around her neck. She seemed totally content and familiar with the way she held her yarn. Maybe someone else remembers that picture, or was there.

I tried that method for a bit, but my neck was irritated by the wool being pulled along it as I used it, so I didn't stick with it.

I've never worn anything made of yarn, though, albeit there are some beautiful knitted and crocheted jewelry pieces out there!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.