Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Aran Duffle Coat by Judith L Swartz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DOROTHY
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2013 :  9:39:25 PM  Show Profile Send DOROTHY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I had it licked. I finished this down to the attaching the hood and I'm now stuck. After a few false starts with the cables the coat was surprisingly easy to knit and went rather quickly. I put it all together but when I got the the attaching the hood I'm at a loss.

The back and neck of the coat is almost twice as long and the base of the hood that it attaches to. I thought that maybe the ribs aren't supposed to align but that doesn't make any sense or much difference. I was really proud of my effort and the gauge seems right but I'm stymied.

Has anyone finished this pattern, if so can you help me out.

Thank you.

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2013 :  08:46:47 AM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you provide a link?

Debra
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

761 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2013 :  10:47:44 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't made this coat, But I love the Cables. What color did you used.? Donna

Donna
Go to Top of Page

DOROTHY
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2013 :  3:52:25 PM  Show Profile Send DOROTHY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the pattern for free as an e-book download on Knitting Daily site. Just luckily, I then found the yarn that they specified and it looks like the same color shown in the pattern on ebay for a really good price.

I posted in a panic right before Christmas and when I calmed down I went back and with a little manipulation and easing I got it to fit, although it looked way too big at first.

After a few false starts in the back,the pattern settles down to a really easy to knit one, once you get the hang of it. It wasn't written so I could understand it at first. For example, I had a problem when it said to work to D and then from C back to chosen size I did it from left to right instead of right to left, if you see what I mean and kept ripping it out until I figured it out. After that it was pretty clear sailing and knitted up quickly and developed into a pattern I could follow with some peeking at the chart.

Dottie
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  11:53:09 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny how that knitting panic sets in, just like test panic, and gets in the way of our knitting senses. That has happened to me for sure! Glad you figgered it out!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.