Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cep6
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2013 :  9:06:05 PM  Show Profile Send cep6 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I learned how to knit at about nineteen or twenty and did it off and on over the next couple decades. In the past year I have gotten more in to it and started to learn more and take on more challenging projects.

This site looks very interesting and informative and hopefully I'll keep the momentum I gained this year going and become more proficient and brave in my knitting. :)

-C

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  03:17:06 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi -C, Welcome here from Chicago. There is always somebody here if you need help. Happy Knitting Donna
Go to Top of Page

cam271@yahoo.com
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2013 :  06:46:52 AM  Show Profile Send cam271@yahoo.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My name is Christine I have been knitting for about 15 years my knitting teacher was a family friend that learned from her mother as a child. Her name was Linda she was wonderful teacher. She had autoimmune disease she passed away three years ago. When I knit it keeps her alive with me. I love the feel of fiber in my hands. I love making things with my hands. I also sew as well I just love fabric in cloth form or yarn. When I have project in mind I think about the colors then the fibers. If I am doing a babies blanket I mix colors and try to match the bedding they choose. It lots of fun and I can take it anywhere I go. When I used to travel on air plane my knitting was my carry on. [/font=Arial] [/size=4] [/size=6]
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2013 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome ladies, from Maine! I think you will enjoy KR. A whole group of folks who can provide support and knitting inspiration.
judy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2013 :  8:43:48 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cep6, welcome back to knitting. I've definitely benefited from the advice and discussions here, and have definitely become more adventurous and proficient. Hope that happens for you too!

Christine, I know what you mean about that feeling of fibers in your hands, be it knitting, sewing, and for me, fiber prep and spinning. There's just something about gettin' your hands on the stuff that so relaxing and pleasureable. This is a site full of other folks who feel that same way, and lots of folks too, who stay close, through knitting, to loved ones they've lost.

Welcome to both of you.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by