Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Shawls, Scarves, Ponchos
 Wrap/Cape
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2364 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  07:08:18 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw a wrap/cape recently. There were no sleeves...it was two halves seamed together with slits for your arms and the top half folded back to make a deep collar or another layer of the cape. There was a border attached to the entire finished oval (I think it was more of an oval rather than two half circles seamed together). Overall length was just above knees and the fabric was machine produced - very light. I'll probably cut up an old sheet just to get the dimensions right and then cast on but wondered if anyone had run across anything like it. Thanks!

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  08:25:36 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen anything like that, Azblue, but it sounds incredible.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

390 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  09:18:53 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Philosopher's Wool used to have a kit with a similar design. It was made of two triangle shawls stitched together on one part of the long edge. That created a neck opening and then the other part of the edge, which was in the front when worn, was fastened with three buttons. It looked very nice but I have no actual experience of making and wearing it, so the design is all I can comment on. I thought it seemed like a clever idea.
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2364 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  12:20:14 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the word that came to mind when I saw this, Catlover, "clever". Unfortunately, I didn't try it on...I was too busy holding it up and out to see how it "worked".

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe