Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 Ribbed sock cuff edging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1846 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  08:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First, I'm knitting toe up, started with US1 needles and on the upper cuff, in K2P2 rib, moved to US2.

I want to finish the K2P2 cuff with K1P1 rib. Should I move back to US1? Or two needle sizes to US 0? I also have US 1.5. Or, should I stick with US2? Anybody got a read on this?

Thanks!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Janettoo
Warming Up

65 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  8:29:26 PM  Show Profile Send Janettoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Ceil

First, I'm knitting toe up, started with US1 needles and on the upper cuff, in K2P2 rib, moved to US2.

I want to finish the K2P2 cuff with K1P1 rib. Should I move back to US1? Or two needle sizes to US 0? I also have US 1.5. Or, should I stick with US2? Anybody got a read on this?

It depends. What do you want it to look like?

Run a lifeline through your last k2p2 round. Then do the k1p1 with whatever needle you want. If you like the look, bind off. If you don't like it, go back to your lifeline and try a different needle size.

Janet in TN
Go to Top of Page

socks4all
Permanent Resident

USA
1461 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  04:52:46 AM  Show Profile Send socks4all a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Janet. You don't say if you intend the k1p1 rib to be turned down over the k2p3. If that was the case you may want to stay with US2 or even go up to US3.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  05:41:25 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I would think that going down a size for the k1p1 would tighten the cuff up too much, so I would either stick with the 2 or go up to a 3 as socks4all suggests.
judy
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  3:11:08 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ceil, what did you finally do? Inquiring minds an all..... :)

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1846 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  9:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't yet. I haven't had time! Will let you know when I finally get around to it.

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1846 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  7:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok everyone, I finally figured this out! Because my last round was worked on needles a size smaller, I decided to tick with my original plan and work Kitchener stitch for the edge. s you may have read elsewhere, I sent my latest music book to the printer, and I finally have some interest in knitting again. I've just bound off one of the socks and will start the other one now. If you look at the date at the top of this page to see when this thread started,nim a little embarrassed that it has taken this long to finish these. But knitting has not been able to be on my mind until now. My head has been too full of first inversions and sus4 chords! I even got a haircut yesterday for the first time in a year!

Ceil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe