Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xpressa
New Pal

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  08:07:44 AM  Show Profile Send xpressa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings from an Australian grandma. I've been knitting for more than 50 years and still get twitchy fingers if there isn't something waiting in the knitting bag. I love Fairisle and Aran patterns, and my next handknitting project is socks. Have never tried it!
It is such a pleasure to have found this wonderful site.

Rebecca2
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  09:49:03 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KR Board from the great state of Louisiana. Please enjoy yourself. This is a great group to be a member of.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  10:32:52 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Xpressa, welcome from San Francisco, California, US. Socks are a lot of fun, I do hope you try them soon. Aran socks and Fair Isle socks are particularly beautiful, and I bet they'd be satisfying to make! Hope to see you posting.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  5:18:18 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello xpressa! Wonderful to have u join us here in the KF! I feel the same way; I get very itchy & twitchy when I'm not knitting something.
Right now, I'm knitting frilly scarves; a lot of ladies want them & I luv making them!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  04:32:43 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi xpressa, Welcome from Chicago. I have made a few pairs of socks and I must say I love them all. I find the warmer, that might be because I made them.Donna
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1673 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  08:34:41 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from Maine!I think you will enjoy socks, they are a great carry-along project. I always have some in progress.
judy
Go to Top of Page

xpressa
New Pal

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  09:33:22 AM  Show Profile Send xpressa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've had a horrible cold and consoled myself by starting a vest to go with last-years' cardi extravaganza. I have the sock wool, and the needles and the pattern; just not enough confidence yet!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  08:54:14 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Socks are a lot of fun to knit, and once you understand the structure of what you're knitting--mostly how the heel flap, heel, and gusset function together, they're actually fairly easy. I bet others here would say the same. They used to be the "hard" parts of the socks for me. Now, they're the "fun" part. And of course, once you finish with the gusset you get to drive madly toward the toe, which is also very exciting... This is making me want to knit another pair of socks...

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1784 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  11:33:29 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Xpressa, and welcome to the KR Forums from Baltimore, MD in the US!

This is a wonderful group of people, and good for you for joining us!

Socks are great fun. And there is lots of good help on this forum and on You Tube, and in books!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

MollyMcTyre
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  11:42:16 AM  Show Profile Send MollyMcTyre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello from sunny Alabama by the Gulf of Mexico. In fact I'm taking my knitting to the beach.
Smiles,
Molly
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  06:09:57 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Xpressa,

Welcome to the Knitters Review Forums, I too am from Australia, I am from Melbourne.

I have been knitting for more than 50 years too and I know exactly what you feel when you speak about the twitchy fingers!!!

I hope you find many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by