Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello from Ontario
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

murphy12
New Pal

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  5:53:21 PM  Show Profile Send murphy12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I've been an off and on knitter for about 40 years (!that can't be true!), right now I am on, doing socks, baby blankets, and next going to give a lace scarf a try. It's always interesting to hear about projects that other knitter's are up to. I am also doing my best to be somewhat disciplined, finish one project before I can start another (ugh, so hard), and when it comes to yarn, look, but no buy until I need it - I can feel that one coming to an end soon.

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  11:08:31 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi murphy12, and welcome to the KR Forums! It is great that you have joined, and I hope you like the kindly and helpful posts here.

I am doing socks, too, that I had to rip out most of because of mouse holes because they were left too long in a dark place, so ugh! for me too!

You can help us who live farther south of you, by telling us how cool it is up in Ontario, when we are sweltering in the Mid Atlantic! (I'm in Baltimore.)

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  10:04:06 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from Australia. Apart from learning about knitting, one also has to bone up on one's geography because the members come from all over. I expect we have every season represented here every day.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  08:00:07 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Murphy12, Welcome from Chicago. Donna
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KF, Murphy12! Wonderful to have u join us! Right now I'm working on frilly scarves using Red Heart Sashay yarn; it's a lot of fun!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  10:30:14 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Murphy12, from Northern California. Discipline to finish one project before starting another is hard, I agree. I am occasionally successful at it.

Much luck with the lace scarf! You'll have fun.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  08:36:13 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from Maine!
judy
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  06:21:01 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Terri,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums from Australia.

You sound very disciplined, I wish I could be, but never manage to finish anything before another idea pops into my head and I'm off again, although I do manage to knit 4-5 beanies a day for charity, this is in 16 ply so its very quick and easy.

I am trying really hard not to buy any more yarn until I've made a dent in what I already have, I gave away at least half of what I had and on the whole I haven't been to bad this year, but I can't honestly say, hand on heart that I haven't bought any because I have and probably will continue to do so!!!!

Knit in peace and harmony

Rose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.