Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to the forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sher721
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  11:13:35 AM  Show Profile Send sher721 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, just joined this forum and looks to be alot of fun and helpful. My name is Sher and my grandmother taught me to knit when I was 5. I made my irst Aran sweater when I was 17 for my niece and actually it came out great.

sheryl pelland

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  1:16:23 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sher! WElcome!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  5:55:10 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, from Maine! Enjoy the community and knitting inspiration!
judy
Go to Top of Page

sher721
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  11:15:01 AM  Show Profile Send sher721 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcomes Kim and Judy.

sheryl pelland
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  03:13:33 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sher721, Welcome from Chicago. Happy Knitting Donna
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  08:38:23 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sher, welcome from Northern California. How fun to learn to knit with your grammy.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  10:28:50 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aran sweater at 17 years! Wuf, what a champion knitter! I mean it, Sheryl, and welcome to the KR Forums

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  05:38:35 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sher and welcome from Australia

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2013 :  07:23:12 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sher! A hearty "Hello" from Colorado! Welcome to the KF!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

dutchmaiden
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  07:22:14 AM  Show Profile Send dutchmaiden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone. My name is Nancy and I live in Wilmington, DE. I was a registered nurse until about seven years ago when I started having problems with Lupus and arthritis. I have two children my son is 32 and my daughter is 28. My son is engaged but there is no wedding date yet. I hope soon because I'm finally getting ready for grandchildren to spoil.

My grandmother taught me to knit when I was about 11 or 12 I think. All I can remember is her telling that it was good to have something to do in old age and that she felt sorry for those that didn't have a skill to keep them occupied.

My knitting career didn't really take flight until about 6 years ago. I also do counted cross stitch, sew clothes, and quilt. My grandmother also taught me to crochet but I like knitting better. Like everyone else I have a lot of UFO's in my closet.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  10:50:13 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dutchmaiden. You are not alone on this forum with lupus and arthritis. And certainly it is the knitting place to be. Welcome from Australia. Maybe Clara can move these posts to your own thread so people can find you?

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  08:55:03 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Dutch Maiden. One of my sisters has Lupus and another has Sjogren's, a releated disease. You are in good company in more than one way here. Congratulations on your hopefully upcoming grammyhood. I've had several friends have children lately, and it sure keeps one busy knitting welcome gifts!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.