Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Shirley from North Carolina
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knitnsleep
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  4:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Knitnsleep a Yahoo! Message Send Knitnsleep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I am 61 years old and love to knit, although I am really very mediocre at it. I have dabbled in it for years without really having time to do much. Now, I suddenly have time, and I am getting those needles smokin'. Just returned from a year teaching in a university in Azerbaijan and was awed by the fiber and needlework there. In fact, I could look out my classroom window and see the sheep grazing Learning lots of new techniques and perfecting "old" ones. While in Azerbaijan, I switched from "American" or "English" method to a Continental method. I LOVE it. Almost everything I knit is on circular needles, even if it is a flat piece.

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1784 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  10:18:47 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, and welcome to the Forums! How wonderful that you got to get involved in needlework in a country where it is more common than in the US.

And hurray for circular needles and continental knitting method! Lots of us use them, and then too, it is great to have the two methods (or more) available in one's "repertoire of skills" .

You can check out the riches on this site in the "Archives", and we hope you will add to our riches again, soon!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Princesszelda
New Pal

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  08:14:49 AM  Show Profile Send Princesszelda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Knitnsleep from the Okanagan Valley, Canada. You must have had a year of amazing experiences there! What sort of sheep here do the Azerbaijan sheep resemble I wonder? Is the wool prepared at home? I don't suppose the ladies troop over to Walmart for the kitting supplies. I knit the same way as the other seems to make my elbow hurt. I wonder if there is such a thing as Knitter's elbow? Besides circular projects are more efficient and no sewing up seams, yay! This is such a great forum, I just joined, too. And I Love all the info in the archives.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

755 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  05:33:52 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Knitsleep From Chicago, Ive been trying to learn Continetal for what seem like forever. I hope one day it will click for me. I wish it was some where in Chicago I could look out a window at sheep grazing, what a peaceful sight it must be. Happy Knitting Donna
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1674 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  05:42:16 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums from Maine! I have been knitting since I was a child (about 50 yrs) and consider myself a competent knitter. Hope you enjoy the support and inspiration that can be found here.
judy
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  10:37:41 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Shirley, Welcome from another Shirley. You'll love the Forums!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...I'm fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  6:07:00 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Knitnsleep, welcome from Australia. I hope you have some techniques you picked up in Azerbaijan that you can share with us or at least tell us about. We love to hear about all things fibre related.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Jeannette
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2013 :  8:41:07 PM  Show Profile Send Jeannette a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hk Knitnsleep! Welcome to the forum from middle Georgia! I recently joined this forum myself. I knit and crochet and I am enjoying it here very much. I hope that you too will enjoy being here.

Jeannette
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?