Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 Sherlock is back!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

282 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  1:59:39 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The modern-day Sherlock Holmes series 2 starts 5/6 @ 9 pm on PBS.. Starting at 4:30 pm 5/6, PBS is rerunning the season one episodes.

"The game is on!"

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  04:26:22 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and what a game!

I can't find it on line any longer, but there was a 7 minute video about what happened at the swimming pool after the end of series one. it was great if you can find it.

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WhoooHooo...thank you. I am so happy you told me about this. We just saw one installment of season 1 and liked it a lot. So, now I can Netflix the first season and also watch Season 2.

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...I'm fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

282 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  6:15:09 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That piece is available at PBS.org. It's attached to the first episode of season two and segues nicely into the new episode.
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  11:18:45 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this is shallow, but I'm liking the new apartment make-over, except for the old ugly wallpaper that is still at the front of the apartment. Wasn't there an explosion last season? Looks like the new make-over is a little more Jeremy Brett style, like it very much.

Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2599 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  05:24:34 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was very skeptical about this new series, but watched episode 1 last night (had Tivo'd it) and loved it. Totally drawn in.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3460 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  8:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I *loved* the episode with Irene Adler but felt that the Baskervilles episode was a little flat. I cannot wait for Sunday's episode with Moriarty!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  6:56:05 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, everybody! I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan; I enjoy the old as well as the new!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2599 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  7:15:45 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Agree, Minh. I just couldn't get into the hound-and-secret-experiment story. It actually reminded me a little of the X Files.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe