Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 Knitting machine fixed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lavatera
New Pal

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  8:09:00 PM  Show Profile Send lavatera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DH and I took the knitting machine in today, as it has been missing up to five stitches at a time, and apparantly eight of the needles were not exactly straight. Now the knitting machine works really nicely. They may have fixed something else as well, as it was in the back for quite a while.

It will be so nice to use a knitting machine that actually works properly and I don't have to "fight" with it.

They suggested using parrafin wax on the yarn while winding it on the yarn winder.

Does anyone use an umbrella swift to keep their yarn on? We are thinking of getting one.

lavatera

chiral
Warming Up

Australia
68 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  4:23:41 PM  Show Profile Send chiral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have an umbrella swift but the paraffin wax suggestion is a good one.

The wax helps the yarn to flow smoothly though the machine and also flattens the fibres on fluffy yarns a bit so they will go through the machine better.

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiral1/
Go to Top of Page

chiral
Warming Up

Australia
68 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  4:26:40 PM  Show Profile Send chiral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention you can buy blocks of paraffin wax in the supermarket cheaply. They are usually in the section with things for making jams. You just run the yarn across this as you wind it, with a little hand pressure. They will last for years.

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiral1/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.