Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 Rejection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  11:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do you feel and what do you do when your crochet/knitted gift is rejected or feel that the recipient does not appreciate it? If someone ask me this 20 or so years ago, I would have felt somewhat offended but now, I don't.

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com/

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4387 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  12:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to choose who I knit for carefully, and also try to make sure that my gift is something they'll actually like. That being said, I've undertaken a massive family knitting project all my nieces, nephews, their children, and their significant others are going to be receiving an unsolicited knitted gift from me this year. That's 25+ people who I'm counting on to tell me they just love what I made for them! I think I can take a little rejection, because I already know they love me, but my fingers are crossed.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  12:58:53 PM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You also know that shaggy loves you Jane.

I still believe in the old saying, it is the thought that counts.
Surely everyone knows that yarn isn't cheap or should I say inexpensive.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  2:42:47 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can't please everyone. For example: I had knit a sweater for the 4 yr old gd and the 2 yr old said she wanted it. When I finished the sweater and went to try on the 2 yr old, she said "I don't like it",
I said good because it was for your sister anyway. So that worked out for me and the older gd as she loved it and wears it all the time.
Now I am trying another one for the 2 yr old and if she doesn't like it I won't knit for her anymore. I try to knit sweater for the kids that enjoy knitting.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  6:03:58 PM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you need to look at the time invested in the project - did you enjoy the process? If so, you win!
I'm careful to avoid unsolicited knitted gifts so the recipient doesn't have to feel guilty if they don't like what they didn't ask for.

Bike, Bike, Bike!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

765 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  04:52:39 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was knitting my first shawl/with not so cheap yarn. When the person I was knitting it for said "that would be beautiful if it was wider and in a different color.I'm glad she said that I new she would not appreciate the gift. I gave it to a mother of my church and she love it and wears it all the time. The lady quilts and loves hand made gifts. Donna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe