Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 Love of Knitting magazine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

highdesertrose
Gabber Extraordinaire

Malta
544 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2011 :  7:20:13 PM  Show Profile Send highdesertrose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just received a free issue offer for this mag. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me anything about it. Is it mainly for beginners? I get just about all of the other mags out there, and probably don't need to add another one to the mix, but am just curious.

Thanks,

~Rena

~Rena~
The only place that housework comes before knitting is in the dictionary!

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2753 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  05:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I really like it! It's different, and the patterns aren't trying to be the same as everyone else.

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
http://purledthis.blogspot.com/ UPDATED! WITH PICS!
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1682 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  12:12:37 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was started by Fons and Porter of the Love of Quilting fame. They put out a few issues a couple of years ago, but just recently it has been availabe by subscription. As with any magazine, there are some items I like and some, not so much. I agree with Rachel's comment.
judy
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I subscribed to Love of Knitting at the introductory price. So far, I like it. To be honest, I don't have the patience, resources or figure for the patterns in some of the more upscale knitting mags.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  1:47:50 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The free knitted animal washcloths on the website are simply adorable. I knit the baby bib'o'love from Mason Dixon knitting for a friend. The Mason Dixon bibs are plain, but I put a textured daisy on mine, and it blocked wonderfully. I'm going to make two more with these animal patterns. Thanks for the hint towards the mag, Rena. Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.loveofknitting.com/articles/Animal_Washcloths

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

suecq
Chatty Knitter

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  08:26:13 AM  Show Profile Send suecq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This magazine has me so frustrated. I subscribed in March 2011. They sent me the Winter 2010 issue as a start of my subscription. I had already purchased it. I contacted them and they extended my subscription for 1 issue. I received the Spring 2011 issue with no problem. I had to contact them to get the Summer 2011 issue and so far I have not received the Fall 2011 issue.
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  09:21:16 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
]I just signed up for the free issue so I'm gonna check it out. Has anyone else had any problem with receiving their subscription in a timely manner? That would kill it for me, right away. As it is, I hang out by the mail box to get the newest issue of all my kmag subscriptions!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...To much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1682 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  1:51:03 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I subscribed when they first advertised subscriptions, but I got a card from them something to the effect that they had under-estimated the demand. I did receive the summer issue, no fall issue as yet. But like you, Shirley, I anxoiusly await each kmag issue!!
judy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?