Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sweater Talk
 Mohair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  3:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Consuelo got me onto knitting 1 strand of RED mohair with 1 strand of something else. I've got the something else, and it's working.

Now I am rethinking cardigan. What DOES this want to be? I got to thinking it might be a fun, oversized pullover, with big armholes and no sleeves but the shoulders drop off the sides to form a kind of short sleeve, with a big cowl neck! Then I got to thinking that mohair is kind of itchy. A cowl, depending on how far away it lands from neck and face, might feel bothersome. If I go some form of this route, I might be inclined to add cables in lieu of sleeves.

Just needing some design ideas. Thanks,

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  4:12:31 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love mohair, but for up against my skin, only kid mohair. Otherwise I get all itchy and if you add heat to the combination, I REALLY suffer. Not knowing how soft your fibers are, I can't say anything regarding if I would want it near my skin.

M L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?