Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 Ribbon yarn necklaces
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ataurus
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  3:02:54 PM  Show Profile Send ataurus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw very pretty crocheted ribbon necklace at local Craft Show.I would like a clue on how it is done. It looked like I might be able to figure it out.But crochet is not what I do best.Also need "how Much" yarn to use etc.
I always get such great help on this site. Thank you for any thing you can send my way.

kcrystina
New Pal

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  11:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit kcrystina's Homepage Send kcrystina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd normally get a least 90 to 120 inches to make a necklace, depending on how long I want it. Always better to go for the higher number even if you're only making a choker just in case. Plus you might end up with enough to make 2! :) What type of ribbon was it? Can you explain what it looks like or find a picture of something similar? If I can see what it looks like I can give you a basic outline of the stitches used and how they're used.

Kcrystina
Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  1:35:16 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this is similar to the one you saw but try this link:

http://grammiepammie.wordpress.com/crocheted-necklace-from-trellis-ribbon/
Go to Top of Page

ataurus
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile Send ataurus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your answers and where to look for add'l help and patterns. I know I can always count on the wonderful ladies at Knitters review
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe