Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Book and Magazine Swap
 SEEKING TUDOR ROSES
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

diotima5@orange.fr
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  12:18:43 AM  Show Profile Send diotima5@orange.fr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
I'm a french knitter and I'm seeking for a long time for the Fairisle book "TUDOR ROSES" Alice Starmore. Is there anyone who wants to sell it for a reasonable price?

2totangle
Permanent Resident

1212 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  09:47:55 AM  Show Profile Send 2totangle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. I love that book, too, but I'm afraid I haven't seen it at anything close to a reasonable price. The copies I've seen on ebay tend to run in the hundreds of dollars. I have heard of people finding copies at used bookstores where the owner didn't know the value. At this point, I'm just hoping that it will be reprinted, as some other Starmore books have been in recent years.

You might consider joining the Ravelry groups devoted to Starmore. Meanwhile, I do wish you lots of luck in finding a reasonably-priced copy -- you never know, and it's always worth asking!

Suzanne

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2totangle/
Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/2totangle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by