Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet for beginners - basic questions
 Need Help With A Slipper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fantasy0101
Warming Up

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  3:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fantasy0101's Homepage Send Fantasy0101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am crocheting a slipper called Quick & Easy Slippers from the book called Crochet Private Collection, author The Needlecraft Shop.

The pattern is on pg. 148 and the problem that I am having is starting the Ruffle. It says to...

Rnd 1: With wrong side of rnd 8 on Top facing you, working in back lps only, join yarn with sl st in center back st, ch 3, skip next st, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next st, skip next st; repeat from * around, join with sl st in top of ch-3.

I don't understand the directions to begin this round of the ruffle.

Virginia

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  10:49:58 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok. When you work in the back loops only, don't pick up both little legs of the preceding row, just the back "leg" so to speak. You only work into that back leg.

Is there a missing asterisk in the pattern? It seems that you are going to be working from the inside of the finished slipper, that would be the wrong side according to the body of the slipper. You will join a new piece of yarn with a slip stitch in the center back stitch, chain three, skip next stitch, the make 2dc, chain 2, 2dc in the next stitch, skip the next stitch and repeat from the * around, joining with a slip stitch at the top of the first chain three.

The problem is, where is the first Asterisk? Did they not put one in the pattern line?

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.