Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Need a knitting mojo boost?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  6:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case, I put this together for you.

What other things have you found helpful for staying inspired? Let's build ourselves a list, shall we?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  7:01:23 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Casting on something new. Anything new. Even if I only knit a few rows.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  05:03:22 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I so needed this-I love what is on my needles right now but I want to work on other things too. Knitting is not a competition! Now go out there and have fun all y'all!
Go to Top of Page

Raven_Girl
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  05:11:16 AM  Show Profile Send Raven_Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I organize my loose patterns, put needles in proper holders, and make a list of projects matched to specific yarn. I've just finished a KAL where the pattern instructions were sent to you only if you finished the previous section. It was great motivation!
Go to Top of Page

ella
New Pal

12 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  08:06:18 AM  Show Profile Send ella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the inspiration and ideas! My spring cleaning begins with a round-up of my scattered stash, taking a stack of no-longer-needed knitting magazines to my weekly knitting group for a "give away". My reward for accomplishing these tasks: try knitting beaded fingerless gloves. Happy spring knitting!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  08:46:07 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I go on random pattern searches on Ravelry. I think of a word that conjures up happy images for me, like fiddlehead, or buttercup, and search on that word in Rav patterns and just see what comes up. Sometimes nothing, sometimes all kinds of fun stuff.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  08:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, I just read your article and can only say I wish I had this problem! Book writing has taken over my life since the new year, and I am simply longing to have the mental energy to wind a skein into a ball and knit a swatch. On top of the book, I've become Cantor at my church, and well, there's a lot of stuff to sing for Holy Week, coming up in about ten days. A dull moment made happier with yarn and needles in hand would be a delight. So glad to get your bi-weekly emails. It keeps me on the pulse of all this yarn stuff.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

SandyHarsh
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  09:27:30 AM  Show Profile Send SandyHarsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm taking Marly Bird's Craftsy class on glove/mittens and really enjoy her teaching style! She's be a lot of fun in a class.
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1734 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  05:20:59 AM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a million, Clara. I really need this!

Marilyn
My Bags
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  07:38:08 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Clara just what I needed.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  08:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Robinsteph, I LOVE that idea ... I'm always looking at patterns randomly on Ravelry, but I plan to try your idea to add some method to my madness!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  11:00:20 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I go with Donna, thank you Robinsteph for the idea of cruising Ravelry ! And Thank you Clara, for the wonderful inspiration!

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1682 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  1:23:21 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going through my knitting books and magazines, surfing Ravelry, looking through my stash, or a trip to the LYS to continue to add to the stash.
judy
Go to Top of Page

Princesszelda
New Pal

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  08:56:01 AM  Show Profile Send Princesszelda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So many wonderful a ideas here! I recently found myself out of steam (and out of enough wool for anything I wanted to do). Cause it is still FREEZING up here in Canada, I decided to make some nice warm striped socks out of some little and leftover skeins I had spun. For the life of me I couldn't find my sock needles. Ofcourse They turned up stuck in the wool from the last pair of socks, lol. Everybody else in town must have had socks on the brain as all the stores were out of my needles, too. Then someone said try SallyAnne. Jackpot, I bought 12 well loved sets of knitting needles; And for the price of one set Without Tax. Some duplicated gauges I already had which suits me fine as I spin and sometimes dye my wool so I don't need to slip my work off needles anymore to keep make the yarn match up. I also bought Xcountry skis with the same bindings as my boots for $5. Something else very handy up here in Canada ;?)
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Chatty Knitter

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2013 :  12:32:11 PM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never get to do this because of work conflicts -- but I would think taking a class in something new and fun would help get back some motivation. The combination of a new-to-you project, an inspirational teacher, and fun knitters to learn with (we're always fun) should do it.

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Go to Top of Page

LauraSue
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  12:34:13 PM  Show Profile Send LauraSue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, Clara, please, please share the source of the swatch on top of the pile in this post's picture. It's an absolutely gorgeous lace pattern and I must knit it. I must. See? You're un-doldrumed me already.
Go to Top of Page

Lynne604
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  10:58:16 AM  Show Profile Send Lynne604 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knit prayer shawls for a church ministry. What keeps me inspired is knowing that my shawls, along with others, are given to those who are ill, hospitalized, or bereaved. A person can feel very alone at such times, even when family and friends are near.
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  07:32:08 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I get tired of 1 project I move to another plus
Fran's 10 min rule is in constant use at my house. With
my chemo brain and fingers I am knitting all my spare time
to keep my hands working and in all diff yarns. I have just come across Berrocco Vintage and I love it. I need, must have some more of it, but I couldn't find the right pink in the Berrocco so I had to go with Plymouth Encore for a nice soft but bright pink and as soon as I finish 1
sweater I can cast on. Everything in my knitting world is going very well right now and my Sun. Knitting Group has even picked up 2 new ladies that are wonderful addition to our group.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Dibs
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  3:10:40 PM  Show Profile Send Dibs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LauraSue

Oh, Clara, please, please share the source of the swatch on top of the pile in this post's picture. It's an absolutely gorgeous lace pattern and I must knit it. I must. See? You're un-doldrumed me already.

Dibs
Go to Top of Page

Dibs
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2014 :  3:13:58 PM  Show Profile Send Dibs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dibs

quote:
Originally posted by LauraSue

Dibs

Oops, forgive a newbie?
I wanted to add my please to LauraSue's. I'd love to know what that top swatch is. Thanks,D.

Dibs
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2014 :  06:56:40 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent ideas, Clara! Thank u so much!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth