Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 SHOCK FROM A SISTER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  07:02:20 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am the second girl of four. I'm the one they call nuts because every where I go I have knitting needles. I have no shame I will pull them out when bored. I walked in my sisters house and almost passed out she was knitting. She started knitting with a group at work. She asked to go thru my stash she says she will not become me. Little does she know she is me. This is the sister that gave me a kidney a year ago. I told I have one of her kidneys and she has my only habit that turns out to be good. How about that. I told her about KR. Donna

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  09:17:16 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THAT IS WONDERFUL! She gives you a kidney and you give her the knitting bug. Very nice exchange. Your sister sounds like a kind loving women.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  09:56:06 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donna, what a great story, it made me laugh with pleasure. You and your sister sound so close.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  10:53:35 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sisters are the best! I smile every time I think of mine, and I wish so that she was closer and that I could just pop in and share a cup of coffee and a few rows of knitting with her. Donna it sounds as though you have a wonderful sister as well.

Keep on knitting!

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  11:28:10 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a great story! The thread title got me worried but I love a good shock!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  3:19:47 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Kim..thought you were bringing us bad news. Very nice story. I'll bet you are still chuckling.
judy
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  3:25:59 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone watch last night's Grey's Anatomy? The story line about the sisters giving/receiving a kidney was quitter well done.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  4:20:24 PM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm close to all my sisters. The sister that knits now is the youngest. I'm 15 years older than she is. I laugh every time I pass her because she always called me the old lady that knits. You know I must love her if I'm letting her go thru my stash. Only the lady at my local yarn shop can only guess at how much I have. When I woke up from my surgery only a sister would set you up for a date with the doctor. My sister is tall and has the perfect body. That's what the doctors kept telling me. So I had fun in the hospital. It's a sisters love. Donna
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  11:11:00 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing story. You are lucky in the sisters. I'm very close to mine and would give her a kidney if she needed it. Sharing stash: My knitting DD's get it all. I'm being sure to get it all cataloged this year and not buying anymore if I can help it.

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
Go to Top of Page

SimplyC
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  07:51:44 AM  Show Profile Send SimplyC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great sister! My son donated a kidney to his sister 6 months ago. Don't think he's taken up knitting yet, but he did get me a gift certificate to a yarn store for Christmas. The sales lady was shocked when a cute 25 yr old came in her store and broke out in a smile when he told her what he wanted.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  09:18:41 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simply C, I have been trying to get my son to go in a yarn store every since he was old enough to travel alone but it has not happen.He says he will not help me with my sickness. (Yarn addiction) Donna
Go to Top of Page

SimplyC
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  08:14:47 AM  Show Profile Send SimplyC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donna since all my children are now grown, I think they consider my knitting something to keep me entertained. Just recently I've been learning to spin and saving for a wheel. They all just smile whenever I talk about it. I've made a sweater for each child and they are always asking when they get another one. I consider myself one blessed woman.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  11:51:34 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SimplyC, It when they stop talking of giving that smile that I'll get worried. Donna
Go to Top of Page

Irish Red
Warming Up

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  11:55:15 AM  Show Profile Send Irish Red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a terrifc, heart-warmimg story. I am an advocate of organ donation, but one from a loving sister makes it so much more special. I am firmly convinced that the new knitting germ has come about as a great trade-off with your sister. I wish I could get my daughter to knit. Never say never....even if it takes a kidney to bring it about, right?

The Industrious Bee
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  11:34:30 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Irish Red, Don't feel bad I can't get my daughter to knit. She will look at knitted mitts pattern and show me what she would like. Donna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe