Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet books, Web sites, magazines & resources
 Interweave Crochet magazine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PurlyPearl
Warming Up

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile Send PurlyPearl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm a big fan of Interweave Knits and now love Interweave Crochet as well. So happy they are offering subscriptions now, and the new fall issue will be out 9-18. Here's a peek: http://www.interweavecrochet.com/toc.asp

It is so elegant and has gorgeous patterns! I love crochet, but so many crochet wearables end up looking clunky on me...However, Interweave crochet has clothing patterns that are consistently beautiful, have great drape, and easily rival great knitting! I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a happy reader who had to share. : )

LoneKnitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  05:36:28 AM  Show Profile Send LoneKnitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my first issue yesterday! I have two sweaters on my to do list from this issue. I am so glad they have subscriptions now, and it comes out 4 times a year. yay!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mama Cat
Permanent Resident

1223 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  5:25:59 PM  Show Profile Send Mama Cat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I got mine too and I have to say it's a great issue. There is a lot of wearable and crochet-able stuff in there. I'm really happy that I sprung for the subscription.
Go to Top of Page

lisab
Chatty Knitter

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  1:59:31 PM  Show Profile Send lisab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The preview looks Really Gorgeous.

Minor beef: After having signed up for the free issue offer two weeks back, I just logged into subscriber services to see about when it will send - cool to be able to see that online - and was greeted with this friendly notation: "Subscription suspended for nonpayment."

Okaaaay. I haven't even gotten that first issue yet. (Again, it's only been two weeks, so no surprise there.) Lets see, I'm a long time Interweave KNITS subscriber, as well. Am I paid up with them? Checking...Yep.

So I called subscription services, and the conversation went kind of like this:

"I just signed up for the free issue offer, and now see my subscription suspended?"

"Yes. When you pay, your account will show as current."

"But...I haven't gotten a single issue yet. The offer was to preview the issue before deciding to pay or cancel, and I doubt you've had time to send it. Now I won't get it at all?"

"No, you will get it. Well, we have to do it that way. That way we can send you one issue, but won't send more unless you pay for the subscription."

"Okay, can you see where someone might not read it that way? I mean, I am not the only one who is going to see this and be concerned. I don't think it's a particularly friendly customer interface the way you have it. Couldn't your software programmers code a different field entry for trial subs - one that's a little less likely to make people worried or angry?"

"Well, try not to take it personally; you'll get your issue."

Heads I pay now, tails I cancel. Probably heads (so long as I get the issue, anyway), but I'm surprised that Interweave wouldn't choose to prevent having this kind of conversation with customers-still-deciding-whether-to-subscribe in the first place. As a subscriber to the knitting mag, I know full well that I can get my issues sooner and at less cost with the weekly percent-off coupon at the hobby store. I choose to go the subscription route because Interweave publishes solid, good stuff for the serious crafter, and I want to support that.

Go to Top of Page

Stitching Fool
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  05:00:57 AM  Show Profile Send Stitching Fool a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are some issues with these new subscription issues. I don't understand how this magazine hit the stores over a week ago, and I haven't received mine yet (I paid online for the new subscription over a month ago). I checked my subscription confirmation which says they will start shipping 9/20. I hope that subsequent issues arrive before the stores get them, just like Interweave Knits. I think we have to be patient while they adjust to the new system.
Go to Top of Page

jpr54_
New Pal

34 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  10:23:52 AM  Show Profile Send jpr54_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also had the same problem-

but the wait for the issue was worth it
Go to Top of Page

joycet
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile Send joycet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just found information about this magazine and thought it looked really interesting!!! I'm always looking for crochet patterns that look up to date and wearable. For those of you that received the firt issues, what did you think? Have you done any of the projects?
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  4:42:49 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's about time that we get our own Interweave space and can come out of the dark closet where we get wild eyed and pasty faced. Thanks Val Scott for the link in the other thread.

Lella
My Blog

Go to Top of Page

Katheroni
Permanent Resident

USA
1407 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  12:23:03 PM  Show Profile Send Katheroni a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The preview looks killer.
Go to Top of Page

knitnerd
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  7:21:01 PM  Show Profile Send knitnerd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already made the cabled hat. Great pattern with no errors.

I don't have the "exotic weapon proficiency,knitting needles feat" but I got a natural 20 on my bluff check.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  5:43:23 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Spring 2008 issue is out and has lots of nice things to try. I don't buy many magazines but I am sure I will enjoy this one.
Warmly, Chayah

"When I was young I admired clever people. Now that I'm old I admire kind people."(A.J.Heschel)
Go to Top of Page

Janbie
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  8:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Janbie's Homepage Send Janbie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a crochet newbie (about 3-4 months) but have been knitting for 2 years. Gotta say I'm a huge IK fan, and I love IC. I look at the patterns in IC and don't feel too intimidated by most of the patterns in there. The style is not too shabby either.

The KnitWit Copywriter
http://www.knitwitcopywriter.com
http://janbie.blogspot.com
http://knitwitcopywriter.blogspot.com
------------------------
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueller
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe