Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Time for 2010 Resolutions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  08:22:46 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2010 is a finishing year for me. I have lots of wips no finished projects - thus 2010 is a finishing yr! NO NEW yarn, patterns or starting of new projects untill I have 3 existing done. How about the rest of you?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  09:00:20 AM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 2010 knitting goald are:
- continue to knit felted clogs (over 200 made- finances my yarn habit)
- add one "challenge" project of some sort. Not sure what yet
- attend one workshop, retreat, or conference
- find a way to make knitting and aerobic activity :-)

Consuelo
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  4:35:02 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I only have one knitting resolution for 2010,and that is to knit more sweaters and cardigans for my winter wardrobe, as I had a clear-out recently and got rid of sweaters which I felt didn't suit me,and decided that I needed to concentrate on making more classic designs.It is now summer in New Zealand,but earlier this week I went out and bought some Cleckheaton Country Naturals DK yarn and have cast on my first new sweater.I am hoping that by the time the weather becomes cooler, I would have finished a couple of sweaters and cardigans for winter 2010.

Leslie

My Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/busygirl/
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3461 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  4:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My resolutions are:
- knit at least 10 minutes every day(sometimes I read about knitting more than I actually knit)
- knit one sweater
- knit from the stash as much as possible
- knit one item per month for charity

I also want to improve my spinning so that I can knit my handspun.
Go to Top of Page

cpknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  5:49:38 PM  Show Profile Send cpknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 2010 resolutions are:
-knit from stash as much as possible
-look through patterns and find projects where I will force myself to learn new techniques (e.g. toe up socks)
-knit a beaded shawl

Carol, Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

aprilshowers
Chatty Knitter

295 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  6:05:11 PM  Show Profile Send aprilshowers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to knit more sweaters too. I only have 2 that I actually wear out of the house and neither were very complicated or included any kind of shaping. I have a fear of changing patterns but I'd like to modify a pattern just enough to fit me well.

My other resolution is to knit with laceweight. I've knit several lace shawls but they were out of sock yarn. I have 2 skeins of laceweight in my stash and I'd like to either knit them up or destash them.

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  7:07:22 PM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're kidding right?! I'm not sure I even remember my resolutions from this year! But here goes:

Get back to knitting on a regular basis for stress relief and fun.

Learn to knit continental style (class and yarn paid for).

Start over knitting my lace shawl in Clara's Garden (I picked a lousy pattern).

Start making a sweater for myself.

Knit 2 socks at a time on 2 circs for DH.

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

FO 2009: small market/shower bag; gray watch cap; magic square potholder; five dish cloths, including two new patterns; Hedgerow Mitts!

Go to Top of Page

molly-o
New Pal

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  04:53:50 AM  Show Profile Send molly-o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh yes - finishing is definitely on the list for 2010! i have four large wips (we won't mention how many small ones!) but foremost in my resolutions is to knit something just for the joy of it. too much of my knitting time lately has been spent knitting things for sale and i've realized several things: 1)they like what you knit but do you have it in another colour? 2)they like what you knit but could you cut the price? 3)their mother knit that for free and you should too. that sounds cynical and i suppose it is, but next year i am knitting for my own pleasure. if other people like it, good. if they don't, oh well. i also plan to knit largely from my stash, but i won't set myself up for failure by resolving not to buy more yarn! hee hee! happy holidays everyone!
Go to Top of Page

jmberube
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  05:03:58 AM  Show Profile Send jmberube a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No more than two projects going at the same time; learning how to crochet; trying a project with color work; not buying yarn if I don't know how I will use it; knitting for my church's hat and mitten tree in August not the first week in December
Go to Top of Page

scarfitup
Chatty Knitter

192 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  05:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit scarfitup's Homepage Send scarfitup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash!!!!!
My sash is HUGE and OBSCENE! It needs to be reduced !

My other goal is to continue to experiment to develop new designs.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

Scarf It Up!
http://scarf-it-up.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/photos/scarfitup
http://scarfitup.etsy.com
Become a Scarf It Up! Fan on FB: http://www.facebook.com/scarfitupwilmington
Go to Top of Page

leilasue
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  06:07:06 AM  Show Profile Send leilasue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 3 unfinished projects. However, I am finishing a cardigan for my grandaughter this week so I can give it to her for Christmas. Then on to the other 2 which I plan on getting done in the next 2 months. To motivate me to finish UFOs in a more timely manner, every time I finish one, I put a dollar in a jar, and at the end of the year, I take the money and buy something "I" want. For me, no one else. You'd be surprised how fast it adds up if you're really motivated!!

Cornelia C. Donovan
Go to Top of Page

kcknitnut
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:07:25 AM  Show Profile Send kcknitnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THE GIRLS IN MY FAMILY gave me patterns and color suggestions for scarves this fall for next year projects. Finishing is a necessity this time....:-)

KC
Go to Top of Page

aviva
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  6:25:23 PM  Show Profile Send aviva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Finally finish my stepped rib stole in buckwheat bridge angora that I started almost a year ago AND make another in the mostly merino fine vermont wool that I bought for this purpose at Margaret Klein Wilson's stand in rhinebeck this year (good luck to me).
2) Knit my first pair of socks with the 2 skeins of koigu i bought for this purpose one year ago.
3) Knit irish moss toque (that i am swatching for now) in the malabrigo worsted i got as a gift a year ago.
4) perhaps a Debbie Bliss baby shrug in knit picks comfy (except I don't love the color I got, which is why it is at the bottom of the list).
Aviva (avivag on ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

PCam
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  6:42:13 PM  Show Profile Send PCam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never make resolutions because I never every finish them. I will knit more and crochet more. Those I can keep!

LOL

Yarn happens. What's a fiberholic to do?

PCam
Go to Top of Page

PCam
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  6:45:19 PM  Show Profile Send PCam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, just loved the newsletter this week. Awesome quick knit gifts! I may have to go get the pattern for that little mousy, and I have been eyeing the Pretty Thing for a few weeks now.

Thanks Clara!

Yarn happens. What's a fiberholic to do?

PCam
Go to Top of Page

Silcatra
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  7:54:02 PM  Show Profile Send Silcatra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I resolve to finally beat the sock!

Also, to try and reduce my stash before buying more yarn, although I don't know how that will go...
Go to Top of Page

btabbert@iowatelecom.net
New Pal

23 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  8:53:03 PM  Show Profile Send btabbert@iowatelecom.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My knitter's goal for 2010 is to knit exclusively from my stash.....and not buy ANY yarn. I have got to start using those boxes and bags full of yarn. Oh yes, there is also the trunk that my Dad brought to South Dakota from Wisconsin which contained all his earthly belongings. That, too, is full of yarn.

Do you think I can do it? Check in with me next December.
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  4:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scarfitup

Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash, Knit from stash!!!!!
Happy Holidays, Everyone!

What she said. Really.

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4165 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  5:14:43 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm jumping on the finishing bandwagon too...too many wips, not enough time. And to reduce sock stash significantly. AND finally, to find homes for my not-loved-but-liked yarn right after Christmas is over.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fiddlerbird555
Permanent Resident

USA
1429 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  09:07:32 AM  Show Profile Send fiddlerbird555 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the socks WILL be finished by Christmas (by definition). If I need a resolution, it will be to use something from each of the books I recently bought. (Scandanavian Knitting; Crocheted snowflakes; Filet Crochet; and 2 amigurumi animal books) Probably no more books for a while.

I probably shouldn't buy any more books for a while, though I might buy a pattern immediately before making it.

I can go loopy, or I can knit. Your choice.
Go to Top of Page

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
162 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  09:26:50 AM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spin up the two lots of super fibres that I've bought,then knit the sweaters that I've planned ,this time for me the last two have been for my husband.........now I'm going to be selfish!! it's a lot easier to plan resolutions like this when you're retired!

Mary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.