Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 ribber compatibility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

limuru
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  12:18:19 AM  Show Profile Send limuru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Brother KH836 and bought a KH830 ribber for it, but I just can't seem to get it to work and every time I draw the carriages over the needles a needle gets stuck on the joining carriage and jams up the ribber. I've tried everything, like trying to make the ribber go higher and as near as possible to the main carriage etc, but nothing seems to work. So I am wondering if the KH830 is not the right ribber for my model. Has anyone else had this problem?

ValerieG
Chatty Knitter

107 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  12:55:45 PM  Show Profile Send ValerieG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about Brother. There is a book 'make your knitting machine sing' which may help. Here's a link... http://store.dknits.com/cat_dknits_publications3.cfm

For help from someone who knows Brother's you should join the knittingmachines yahoo group. There's always someone with the answer.
Go to Top of Page

limuru
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:10:44 AM  Show Profile Send limuru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was sent some instructions for getting a ribber accurate with your knitting machine and the first thing it said was to check that the spoge ratainer bar was still "spongy" and not flat as this could cause the needles to jam. So I checked mine and sure enough it was flat, so I think this us definitely the problem and I will buy another one.
Go to Top of Page

chiral
Warming Up

Australia
68 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  10:59:31 PM  Show Profile Send chiral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The KR830 and KR850 will definitely fit your KH836 because I used to have both before I went electronic. Check all your needles are straight and make sure you don't have the MC button in by mistake. This should never be used when using the ribber.

I recently had the same problem with my Singer (Knitmaster) machine and fixing the spongebar solved the problem instantly.

Hope all goes well.

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiral1/
Go to Top of Page

amoonsinger
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  3:33:19 PM  Show Profile Send amoonsinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you checked the alignments of the ribber bed to the machine bed or the height of the ribber to the main bed. These are adjustments I seem to have to make every time I move my machines.
Go to Top of Page

chiral
Warming Up

Australia
68 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  02:55:11 AM  Show Profile Send chiral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a very good site on how to attach/adjust your ribber:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/KNITTING-MACHINES-PART-2-ADJUSTING-A-BROTHER-RIBBER_W0QQugidZ10000000006613323

Copy all of this address and paste it into the address bar of your browser.

Hope this helps

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiral1/
Go to Top of Page

ragmom123
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  7:46:57 PM  Show Profile Send ragmom123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a brother profile 500 knitting machine can any one tell me which ribber would be compatible with this machine.It does take a ribber I just don't know which one Thanks Debi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe