Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 January 2010 = shawl KALs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  11:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've signed on to 2 shawl KALs on Ravelry for January 2010. One is with fans of Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series -- we're doing "Alix's Prayer Shawl". The second group is doing Sandi Wiseheart's "Comfort Shawl" from Knitting Daily. For variety, I'll be starting to work through EZ's Knitter's Almanac, with an Aran sweater made out of Brown Sheep "Cotton Fleece". All 3 projects ought to keep me out of trouble for the rest of the winter!

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3461 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  5:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you're all geared up for 2010! I keep dreaming of what I'll be knitting in 2010 when I should really be finishing up some projects...
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  08:16:08 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2010 is a finishing yr for me. 2009 appears to have been a beg yr for me.
Nothing to show for the yr yet, except yesterday I finished a baby blanket for a baby that was born a month ago.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

rather be knitting
Seriously Hooked

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  11:21:24 PM  Show Profile Send rather be knitting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the KAL for the Alix's shawl, but can't find one for Sandi's Comfort Shawl. Can you provide a link to the KAL?
thanks,
claire
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  10:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Claire,

It's in the Prayer Shawl Knitters group: http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/prayer-shawl-knitters--crocheters/630567/76-100#83. Hope this works!

Best,
M in M

quote:
Originally posted by rather be knitting

I found the KAL for the Alix's shawl, but can't find one for Sandi's Comfort Shawl. Can you provide a link to the KAL?
thanks,
claire

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  8:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I signed up for the 10 shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry! I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but its great inspiration. One of my first will be the Tibetan beaded shawl from Clara new book.

www.carolbeech.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rather be knitting
Seriously Hooked

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  2:56:42 PM  Show Profile Send rather be knitting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for both links to the Prayer Shawl group and the 10-in-2010. I've joined both (yeah, just don't know when to leave well enough alone!).
Happy knitting!
claire
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  8:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carolbeech

I signed up for the 10 shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry! I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but its great inspiration. One of my first will be the Tibetan beaded shawl from Clara new book.

www.carolbeech.blogspot.com

Carol,

You are a braver soul than I!! I am not far along on either of my KALs...in part, stalled due to a request from DD for bed socks for her birthday this month...I applaud you!

M in M

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

TricotAnne
New Pal

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  5:54:21 PM  Show Profile Send TricotAnne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am trying to finish 3 sweaters. The one I am most anxious to get off the needles is for my daughter. I started it in late November and had silly dreams of finishing it for her Christmas. Now, I just want to get it done and mailed off. I just have the sleeves to finish. Then, I have to get going on a sweater for me that was put aside so I could use the needles for DD's sweater. This one is about halfway done and was started last summer. Then, I am slowly working my way through a complicated sweater for another DD....ten minutes a day. Might get it finished in a few years...although, each time I pick it up for my 10 minute session, I feel like working on it for hours. The wool is that lovely Jo Sharp DK weight that was put up in those little dumpling balls and has been discontinued. Sweater started 3 years ago, at least!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe