Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Felting Books and Patterns
 Pick up Sticks Child Snugs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baldocchi
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  9:31:36 PM  Show Profile Send baldocchi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I have just been given a kit of these boots. I have knit many socks and this pattern has me completely flummoxed. It makes no sense to me at all. Has anyone else made these boots? Can someone out there help me figure this out? I checked Ravelry and could not find anything there.

I promise I have read this pattern 3 times and can make no sense of it at all. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Nicole

If we don't get there together, we won't get there at all.

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  04:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't knit these. I looked a the website and they're cute! And just looking at the picture, they might begin with a flat bottom, then pickup and knit up the leg???

Have you tried contacting the company for help? Or can you post the first few lines of the pattern? Maybe we can get you started.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns: http://www.eweknitkits.com
Go to Top of Page

baldocchi
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  06:36:32 AM  Show Profile Send baldocchi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda

Brilliant idea asking me to send you some of the pattern. In writing it down, it started to make some sense to me. Basically you build the top of the boot by knitting in the round, then you knit the top of the foot to the toe, pick up stitches on either side to knit down to the sole. Then you replicate the whole process with the softer alpaca yarn to line the boot. Once you've joined the lining to the inside of the boot, you knit the bottom (sole) of the boot and stitch that on separately.

I'm still a little stuck on "ventilation holes" in the lining though. I guess I'll deal with that hurdle when I get to it.

So all I had to do was to look at this, not as a sock, but as a shoe. Now we'll just have to see how it turns out. I may just have to rewrite this pattern from another perspective before I'm done. For a traditional sock knitter, this pattern is very unnerving.

Thanks for the help!

Nicole

If we don't get there together, we won't get there at all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe