Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet for beginners - basic questions
 inserting hook through front or back loop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

babycarolnancy
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  11:21:01 AM  Show Profile Send babycarolnancy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started crocheting this past summer and I tend to insert the hook through the back loop. Does it make a difference in any way whether you insert the hook through the front, back, or both loops?

Thanks!

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you like the way your crocheting comes out, then it makes no difference. Putting the hook in the back loop or the front loop gives a ridged look, as in ripple afghans. Many of those say "back loop only." If no special directions are given it usually means to insert your hook under both loops, and this gives you a somewhat tighter fabric. I would try different ways and see what you like best. Happy crocheting, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe