Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 Shawls are for grannies???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  09:11:45 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me, I'm 42 and have never been drawn to shawls, but now that I've learned to knit (last November) I find myself very drawn to them. I have several on my list to make for myself, starting with the easier ones, of course.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  11:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like thicker shawls, that one can wear in the winter around the house, if chilly.

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

mamarose22
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2011 :  09:08:52 AM  Show Profile Send mamarose22 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made a triangular Solomon's knot (love-knot) triangular shawl many, many years ago. I had forgotten how to make it but a google search helped to refresh my memory. About 5-6 years ago I made one out of a synthetic mohair type yarn for my 40 yr old daughter. I made that one starting from the top and worked down to the point. I know that I used to start from the point so I figured out how to do that and I am now nearly finished with another one starting from the point for a friend of mine. Drops Design has a free pattern for this method.
Go to Top of Page

mkfromKansas
Chatty Knitter

339 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  1:45:12 PM  Show Profile Send mkfromKansas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm two years younger than dirt, but I have yet to see anyone around here (in Kansas) wear a shawl. BUT I do keep on making them and giving them away. What the recipient does with them, I don't know. oh yes, I'm beginning to use them in the winter, curled up with my Kindle.
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  07:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shawls are really very handy to wear and easy to put on and take off, you don't have lots of buttons to undo when all of a sudden you feel too warm.

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.