Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 Magic Loop Sock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Belle1970
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  08:43:52 AM  Show Profile Send Belle1970 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I'm attempting my first sock(s) and have run into a problem that I hope is easy to fix and I just can't see it. My sock is on the last of the "foot" stitches and I'm getting ready to do the "toe." I see that my needles are in the wrong position to start the toe. Somehow in decreasing the gusset, I ended up with the beginning and the ending needles being in the middle, with the starting place at the middle of the heel stitches (or what were the heel stitches). I believe I need to be back on the sides, right? How can I get positioned correctly?

Thanks as always for being there, Belle1970

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  10:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You did the gusset correctly - the beginnings and ends of rounds change when you're doing a gusseted heel and flap. (At least, they always have for me.) Personally, I'd just knit halfway down the next needle, either rearrange the stitches and needles to mark the beginning of the round* or just place a stitch marker, and then start the decreases from there.

*You'll end up with 1/4 of the stitches on the left needle and 3/4 of the stitches on the right. All you have to do is count up where the stitches will once again be divided evenly and pull the cable through at that point.

You can't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
Blackstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

Belle1970
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  12:30:57 PM  Show Profile Send Belle1970 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kadiddly,

Worked like a charm. I knew it had to be simple, but I was paralyzed with fear….came so far and didn’t want to wreak my first sock after all of the hard work I put into it.

Thank you so much…you made my day! Belle1970
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  10:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to help!

You can't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
Blackstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?