Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet patterns on the Web
 tiny chihuahua coat pattern wanted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dllfb
New Pal

24 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  9:56:28 PM  Show Profile Send dllfb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have added a new member to our family a teeny tiny puppy of 8 weeks. This little chihuahua needs a sweater for those early morning yard visitations. His little chest has a measurement of only 9 inches. Ive gone to pattern central and many other sites but can't seem to find anything this tiny. I knit and I crochet, but am not talented enough to create something on my own. So if anyone has a pattern or knows of one they can share or can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  05:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think sock cuff with two button holes.

Cast on stitches (the number will depend on wt of yarn), join, 2x2 rib for an inch (measure it on your little puppy) or where the front legs begin, put in a button holes on each side so his legs fit through, then knit a few more inches for the length of his body.

If you don't want to wing it, have you check out Ravelry?

What's your little guys name?

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns: http://www.eweknitkits.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  10:10:48 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a little chihuahua/yorkie mix, all 5 pounds of her. She needed a sweater for the cold weather, all those in the shops were way too big. I found a pattern for chihuahuas on the internet that was easy to knit, and the sweater is cute. I will look for the pattern and/or link and post it for you. It may be a day or so before I get a chance to look for it.

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?