Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 What Crochet Project Are you Doing Now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  6:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just curious as to what kind of crochet projects everybody is doing now. The Crochet Chit-Chat seems to be quiet so everyone must be so busy either crocheting or doing other things and no time to sit down and peck on the computer. I tend to check the Knitting section of the forum more when I'm practicing on my knitting or crocheting and not when I'm busy doing non crochet or knitting related activities.

Zknit

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  10:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am working on a pair of baby booties....it's an experiment.

Kelley
Check out my solar-dyed yarns at http://www.ceallachdyes.com
and my blog at http://ceallachknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  05:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a Tunisian Crochet Entrelac Scarf. It's proving to take ages, but I'm hoping to get it done this month.

PAM

WIP = Socks (knit), Sweater (knit), Entrelac Scarf (tunisian crochet)
YTD: Shadow Jacket (crochet), Snowflake Sweater (knit), Round Ripple Afghan (crochet), Socks (knit - 2 pairs), Cot'n Corn Eyelet Rib Top (knit), Crochet Hook Bag (Double Crochet), Charity 12" Squares for Project Linus (knit), Armenius Sweater (knit)

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished designing a tote large enough and firm enough to use as a "walk to work" tote holding my laptop and other necessities. Need to photograph it today and get the instruction written up while I still remember what I did. I used double worsted weight cotton so it would be thick enough to provide some cushioning, more comfortable against my body in warm weather than either felted wool or the vinyl bag I'm using now, and washable cause I'm not always careful where I put my bag down.

Next project: get out my ripple afghan which has been hibernating since last fall and work on it mindlessly while I let my brain work on an idea for an apron, possibly as part of a kitchen set. (whispers: and finish socks on my knitting needles)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ...
.....it's learning how to dance in the rain!
Come visit me at http://yarnbasket.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  06:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently finished 2 scarves and a small shoulder bag matching one of the scarf. I would like to make a knitted beret or hat to match these.

Happy crocheting and or knitting to everyone!

zknit
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  06:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My last crochet project was a Babette Blanket but now I'm in knitting mode.

I recently bought Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman and that book has given me endless ideas. I guess you could say that I'm currently working on a few fantasy crochet projects.

GFTC of NYC
my knitting photos on Flickr or Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen-NYC
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  11:50:17 AM  Show Profile Send Kathleen-NYC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whenever I think of it - I'll pick up a hook and some yarn and make some free-form crochet pieces. I love the idea of the free-form pieces - just haven't decided exactly what I'm going to make with them.

It is a great way to use up the remainders from other projects.
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  6:30:29 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I recently made a crochet baby blanket for a work colleague's new baby - I hadn't done any crochet for ages and really enjoyed working on it while listening to an audiobook.

Leslie

My Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/busygirl/
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  04:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GFTC,

I guess I do a lot of "fantasy crochet projects" too. I'm yearning to do some filet crochet since I've seen some wonderful filet crochet designs on the web. Maybe sometime soon I'll be able to do it.

Kathleen,

I love free-form crochet also. I had done them in the past but not recently. I crocheted clematis flowers and leaves and attached them together using a yarn needle I tuck (using needle slip stitch) the design onto a canvas and use it for wall hanging. Another group of crocheted Clematis flowers I crocheted together and I decorated a rounded pillow with it. It looked nice in my bed.

Happy Crocheting,

zknit
Go to Top of Page

Katheroni
Permanent Resident

USA
1407 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile Send Katheroni a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't done a totally-crocheted piece in a long time, but I did recently combine some tatting and crochet in a necklace.
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  5:42:21 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently working on this shawl in between crocheting afghans for a fall charity

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2009/04/08/interview-with-kristin-omdahl-part-ii.aspx

Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  07:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greyling, I've admired that shawl since I first saw it, but the size of it intimidates me. I'm ok with working the actual stitch patterns, just have a tendency to get "bogged down" in projects that take too long to do. my hat is off to you for attempting it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ...
.....it's learning how to dance in the rain!
Come visit me at http://yarnbasket.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  6:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I started to crochet a baby blanket for a friend whose baby is due this October. She's going to have a baby girl. I cannot resist the BERNAT
Baby Coordinates yarn. It is a yellow sports weight yarn with a plain ply and a shiny ply coiled together. I'm hoping to make a matching baby sweater, booties and hat after I make this blanket. So far, I made 4 blocks already. I did it while in transit (riding a car for a total of 3 hrs., well I did not crochet the whole time.
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  07:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm happy to note that I have 30 blocks of 5 inch squares. I just now have to use a needle and hide the tails of the yarn. I leave about 12 inch tail in each block to thread the yarn needle with. This is the first time I'm using a needle to hide the yarn tails. I usually use the same crochet hook to hide the tails. I will find out which technique I will like best to use for future projects after I've done this.
How does everyone hide the tails of their yarn?

Happy Crocheting,

zknit
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  9:37:29 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi zknit, I use a Chibi - yarn needle with a little bend at the end. One of the ladies at the LYS introduced me to it about 12 years ago. It makes tucking in the ends so much easier, don't know how I managed before. Now I don't mind making blocks with several colors.

Happy finishing!!

Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  12:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody! It's so nice to hear from everyone again. I've been away from knitting and or crocheting as well as the computer for a while but good to be back to the KR forum.

Greyling,

Thank you for your tip on using a Chibi yarn needle to use when finishing and hiding the tails of a finished block. I'll look for this next time I'm in my LYS.

Happy Crocheting!

Zknit
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  1:05:40 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've started working - again - on a round lace table cloth from the early 80's. It's half way finished and then sat for a long long time.

My Blog @ Zippiknits
Knitting@ Flicker
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  03:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi lella,

I admire you for having been able to pick up and renew your interest in working on a project that had laid unfinished for a long time. I also have a halfway finished lace crochet using #10 thread for an oval coffee table. The bad thing about this is that I no longer have the crochet book from which I got the pattern. So if I decide to finish it I would have to go by the half that is already crocheted, since this has a symmetrical design.

Let us know how you are progressing, maybe I'll get inspired also and try to finish this UFO.

Happy Crocheting,

zknit
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  05:58:42 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am happy to be back at KR and to find this discussion. I have an afghan project which I started last fall I think, blocks from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton, and it has been idle for a long time. You all are inspiring me to start up again. Good luck with all your projects.
P.S. Hi, Lella!

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  07:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My tunisian crochet entrelac scarf is on hold right now until I can get more yarn. However, I'm almost finished with the DROPS Crochet Cardigan. I just got more yarn in and hope to finish it this weekend.

PAM

WIP = Socks (knit), Sweater (knit), Entrelac Scarf (tunisian crochet)
YTD: Shadow Jacket (crochet), Snowflake Sweater (knit), Round Ripple Afghan (crochet), Socks (knit - 2 pairs), Cot'n Corn Eyelet Rib Top (knit), Crochet Hook Bag (Double Crochet), Charity 12" Squares for Project Linus (knit), Armenius Sweater (knit)

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

zknit08
Chatty Knitter

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit zknit08's Homepage Send zknit08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is good to find inspiration from each other, this was another reason I joined the KR forum. I'm going to finish the yellow baby blanket that I started and then I'll finish the hat(tobogan) that is 1/3 complete. Then I'll make an effort to dig up on my stored UFO's to look for that unfinished crocheted lace coffee table.

Good luck to all, may the muse of all UFOs inspire us all to turn UFOs into FOs.

Happy Crocheting,

zknit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by