Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Need Instructions for SK860 & Ribber
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kathleen A Stringer
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  2:58:59 PM  Show Profile Send Kathleen A Stringer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
I have a used newish SK860 with a ribber, I am having problems with the ribber attachment. It seems the bed does not align very well with the main needle bed. I am afraid I am not attaching it to the stand correctly. If anyone has instructions for assembling this machine on the stand, I sure would appreciate it. It looks almost like it needs a retrofit of some kind.

Thanks for your help

ValerieG
Chatty Knitter

107 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  4:31:46 PM  Show Profile Send ValerieG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A book is available from Distinctive KNits http://store.dknits.com/cat_dknits_publications_all.cfm
"Make Your Knitting Machine Sing for Brother Knitting Machine"
This will also work for your machine I believe.
You could e-mail him and ask.
Valerie
Go to Top of Page

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  03:09:44 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi: Not sure which stand you are trying to attach it to, but that shouldn't make a difference as the instructions should be the same.
There are clamps that are taller and bent, they go in from the ends, holes on the bottom of the main bed, These put the main bed on a angle, once those clamps are tightened you pick up the ribber and on each end there will be triangle shaped pieces that fit into the main bed, these fit over a pin. (once they slide in they sit down on a pin) Then you take the normal clamps and there will be 'feet' on the ribber that go on the stand and you use the regular clamps to tighten that down.
If this doesn't help, let me know and I can possibly take a picture of mine and post it for you to see.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?