Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 PurrFect Yarns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a very special edition of Knitter's Review...

We have an insatiable appetite for new and novel fibers. We've created yarns made from corn and bamboo. We've seen yarns dusted with jade, laced with copper, and even fortified with crushed crab shells and seaweed. So it should come as no surprise when I tell you about a new company that has just launched a line of yarns made with recycled kitty litter. Read the full review

I encourage you to follow the links - very revelatory!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

PenguinStar
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:15:18 PM  Show Profile Send PenguinStar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You had me going there for a minute, but it seemed too disgusting to be true. Happy April Fools!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

mhyarn
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mhyarn's Homepage Send mhyarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, do I feel gullible!!! That was one of the best April Fools I have had.
Barbara

Barb from Marr Haven Wool Farm
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4388 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here I was about to look for a collection center in my area...

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

MelissaKnits
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit MelissaKnits's Homepage Send MelissaKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
laughing my blessed butt right off!!

MelissaKnits
melissa-knits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitbot
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitbot's Homepage Send knitbot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YES!! I have been waiting all day for a killer April Fools trick, and this was the best...thank you for giving such loving attention to the details. As horrified as I was, I was totally believing it until I read the names Chuckles and Miss. Puffycakes! Good one, my friend...
Go to Top of Page

paper tiger
Chatty Knitter

282 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:22:29 PM  Show Profile Send paper tiger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my God, Clara! I totally fell for it--even though I thought it was weird to ship it all over the country, that it would contain paraffin wax, be baked for 160 hours... and that the manufacturer's name had "crap" in it.
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3461 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You had me going...

now, I'm going to knit in the corner in shame...
Go to Top of Page

thegirlpurls
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:36:38 PM  Show Profile Send thegirlpurls a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krapsch. Well done!
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1734 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:51:24 PM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good one, Clara. Really, really good!

BTW, who's the adorable kitten in the pic? I want her. Or him. Darling!

Marilyn
My Bags
Go to Top of Page

dturk@djturk.net

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:56:21 PM  Show Profile Send dturk@djturk.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh poop, I so wanted a kitty litter sweater.
Go to Top of Page

jreiz
New Pal

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  6:08:27 PM  Show Profile Send jreiz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, that's a good'un! thanks for the giggle!
Go to Top of Page

strackb@bellsouth.net

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  6:25:38 PM  Show Profile Send strackb@bellsouth.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love it! An industrial process that uses toxic chemicals and ships raw products hither and yon without regard to the carbon footprint, but it's "green" because it recycles a noxious substance. Very arch Miz Clara. It's the best joke I've seen all day, and I work with a passel of geeky jokesters/
Go to Top of Page

Fraggle
Seriously Hooked

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  6:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fraggle's Homepage Send Fraggle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved it Clara!

~ Fraggle

". . . Or if you send me your size I'll knit you a new one" -Hawkeye on M*A*S*H

My websites:
Fraggle's World
Go to Top of Page

mmdm
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  6:49:58 PM  Show Profile Send mmdm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha, you crack me up! What an imagination you have!

Melisa
http://virtuallydesigned.com/gottamake
Go to Top of Page

cynthia.bird@comcast.net
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  6:58:43 PM  Show Profile Send cynthia.bird@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You had me going there, too; I logged in to make a comment about how it must smell, then voilą April Fool's! Good for you. It was the first prank of the day and it's nearly suppertime.
Go to Top of Page

Jeri.riggs@verizon.net

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:26:34 PM  Show Profile Send Jeri.riggs@verizon.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for a lot of laughter in my house! What a brilliant story. Happy April Fools!
Jeri http://www.jeririggs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

snoidgirl@hotmail.com

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:32:51 PM  Show Profile Send snoidgirl@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good one, Clara. After eeeeeewwwwwwwww my first thought was with all the shipping around the country and chemicals, this is so far from a green product.
Go to Top of Page

edonnell
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:36:23 PM  Show Profile Send edonnell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well,I saw the "poop to pullover and cracked-- and STILL didn't get it. --really with all of the stuff being used for fibre, it didn't seem that far fetched!!
Was a bit puzzled by how something so crumbly could make yarn.
Gullible. Hopelessly gullible.
Go to Top of Page

ashbymm@gmail.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:39:24 PM  Show Profile Send ashbymm@gmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me, too! Gullible....
I kept thinking "ewww - what will it smell like when it is wet??"
Go to Top of Page

nlnitter
Chatty Knitter

166 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile Send nlnitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your credibility level is so high with me that you had me going until the very end, even with a side thought about the inventor's name. "Krap," I thought, "how appropriate."

Great, great job!

My corner of the bloggernet http://makingit-sj.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by