Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Amelia cardigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

onemorerow
Gabber Extraordinaire

424 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  06:56:39 AM  Show Profile Send onemorerow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished the knitty Amelia cardigan and I really like it. I am already starting a new one, for me this time. How can I modify the neckline on this to come up a little higher in the front?

2totangle
Permanent Resident

1212 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile Send 2totangle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! I'd love to see pics.

I haven't knit this myself, but it looks like you could make the neckline higher by just delaying the start of your neckline shaping. Where it says "when work measures ___ inches from joining row," just add the increased amount of neckline coverage you want and begin your bind offs later than you did with the first sweater. It looks like the neckline shaping ends before the raglan decreases do, so you should be able to eliminate some of that straight section instead of playing with the amount of decreases in the shaping section. Hope that helps -- give a shout if it doesn't.

Suzanne

Flick pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2totangle/
Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/2totangle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by