Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Help with Baby Hat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newbie Knitter
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile Send Newbie Knitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am knitting my first baby hat on needles. Casting on 90 stitches I am starting to decrease and I have one extra stitch!! so frustrated I should have counted every row....can you all help me out?

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me, one stitch isn't usually a big problem. I, personally, would decrease it somewhere that it wouldn't be obvious.

KathyR

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
My Blog
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/ (Roselea Fibres)
Go to Top of Page

Newbie Knitter
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:53:20 PM  Show Profile Send Newbie Knitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will just keep knitting its just one stitch - i guess it will be okay then
Go to Top of Page

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  4:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the baby hat, and may there be many more to come. What pattern and yarn are you using?

If it's a hat with a seam, you could simply knit two together at the end of the row. (Or as KathR said, just K2tog somewhere along the row, so that it doesn't show.

Only one stitch in 91 won't matter that much. It would, however, become apparent as you are decreasing. I like to use stitch markers to help me keep my decreases under better control. For example: I place 1 stitch marker every 10 stitches, or how ever your pattern breaks it down. That way I can knit up to 2 stitches before the stitch marker, then knit two together...simply repeat the sequence all the way around. That way if you get interrupted or lose you count, you don't lose your mind.

Happy knitting.
Barbara

Ravelry Name: KnitsForPreemies

www.southernfriedknittin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth